zara-zubeidi

60 seconds with… Josh Cuthbert

Union J member and X Factor live finalist Josh Cuthbert talks to us about his passion for music

How did you first know that you wanted to be a singer?

I performed as Scrooge in my year six school play. Since then my mum has always said that I should pursue singing, so I did various projects and formed bands. I wanted to be a singer because it’s what I love doing; I love performing and being on the stage.

Did you ever feel like giving up?

I have felt like giving up a few times. I came close to making it so many times but fell at the last hurdle. Fingers crossed this is the break I need!

How has your X Factor experience been so far?

My X Factor experience has been amazing so far. We have been working with the best people in the industry and have loved every minute of it! Plus I got a cheeky haircut out of it!

If you could duet with one other artist, who would it be and why?

It would probably be Chris Brown. I pretty much love all of his songs and he is my singing idol.

And finally, how do you stay grounded in such a manic industry?

To stay grounded I speak to my family all the time. I also make sure I never forget where I came from!

Follow @UnionJWorld on Twitter and watch the boys perform live on ITV1, Saturday, 8pm

Mindfulness around Christmas

The joys of Christmas are not always felt by everyone. For some, this time of year can be especially hard. So, here is why its important to look after yourself, practise self-care, and have a more mindful Christmas time

Your guide to Manchester’s Christmas Markets

The Lifestyle section gives you our rundown of Manchester’s Christmas Markets, with all our festive top picks, in locations such as Piccadilly Gardens, Market Street, and St Ann’s Square

Handling a Hangover (the Scandinavian way)

A trip to Copenhagen reformed my world view on how to handle a hangover. Scandinavian girls just seem to have got it. So how do British girls get it too?

Empowerment through language: Stop putting yourself down

With Reclaim the Night in mind, the Lifestyle section has decided to unpack how the language we use to address ourselves and others has the power to change our outlook from self-doubt to self-confidence