kate-bullivant

Societies Events Listings – 22nd October to 25th October

This Weeks’ Events

Monday 22nd October

JUDO TRAINING

Armitage Conference Room

7pm-8 30pm

Come along to the Judo Society’s training session – great way to learn new skills or improve old ones.

WARPED – QUIZ NIGHT

Jabez Clegg

8pm-9pm

Warped is the Manchester University Science Fiction and Fantasy Society, anything from Harry Potter to Starwars. Go along and embrace your inner geek!

Tuesday 23rd October

ROLE PLAYING SOCIETY – WEEKLY MEETING

Council Chambers, Barnes Wallis Building, Altrincham Street

6pm-7pm

For more information contact: [email protected]

ZUMBA CLASSES – £3

Student’s Union, Khaled Said Room/Council Chambers: 17 00 – 18 00

Women for Women International Soc hosts a weekly Zumba class for only £3.This amazing charity helps women of war all around the world, and all money raised goes straight to the charity.

QCUMBER – COMING TO MANCHESTER

Outside University of Manchester’s Student Union

Featured in Cosmopolitan, Grazia Daily, The Daily Mirror and on BBC Radio 1, pineapple is taking the world by storm!

The QCumCar is rolling into Manchester on the 22nd and 23rd of October and will be selling their Fantastically Fruity jumpers for the bargain price of £20 (RRP £29.95)

QCumber jumpers are the perfect garnish to any wardrobe – they are soft, comfortable and inedible! Make sure you come and see us on the 22nd/23rd to grab a bargain! Stay tuned for more info…

If you can’t wait remember you can always head over here http://www.qcumber.co.uk/ and use the code MANCHESTER01 for a discount on all the jumpers.

Wednesday 24th October

BLOOMBERG ASSESSMENT TEST (BAT) FREE

University’s computer clusters

2pm-4pm

Launch Your Future Career! Identify your personal strengths and connect with employers worldwide! Take the Bloomberg Assessment Test.The University of Manchester is offering students the chance to take the Bloomberg Assessment Test (BAT) FREE of charge at one of the University’s computer clusters. By taking the BAT you gain insight into your strengths and weaknesses as relative to a career in finance or business management while at the same time showcasing your abilities to a wide range of financial employers.

CIRCUS SKILLS

Burlington Society

2pm-4pm

Circus Skills is an opportunity to do something different and fun with your Wednesday afternoon, anyone is welcome – whether you can juggle or not! Keep an eye on the facebook page because, on the rare occasion it’s sunny they practise outside.

JUDO TRAINING

Same time and same place as Monday – the Judo’s Societies Wednesday training session.

HARMONY GOSPEL CHOIR

Upstairs in Jabez Clegg

4pm-6pm

If you have always wanted to be part of a choir then this is a perfect place to start, they are always welcoming new members. Harmony Gospel Choir manages to produce a high standard of singing while having fun at the same time.

Thursday 25th October

RAW MANCHESTER ROCKS SOCIETY

Hardy Wells – Rusholme: 8pm-9pm

The Manchester Rocks Society has a weekly social from 8pm until late. Go along, have a drink and find out what they are all about.

In conversation with the Feminist Collective: “It’s about making sure that no one’s voice goes unheard”

The Mancunion sat down with the University of Manchester’s Feminist Collective to talk about their society values, their plans for the year ahead, and intersectional feminism

Review: Tiramisu (UMDS)

Tiramisu, which was performed at the University of Manchester SU, is an excellently existential adaptation of Annie Baker’s The Antipodes

Review: Skies in the Cloud (UMDS)

Skies in the Cloud exhibits intimate and ethereal themes, showcasing the talent of UMDS students

Review: Stump (UMDS)

The Mancunion reviews Stum, performed by the University of Manchester Drama Society at The Brewers in Gay Village