chloe-letcher

Saving and Craving: Accessories

Lusting after something that you simply cannot afford right now? Here is the high street alternative…
Saving

Icon Eyewear (available at New Look), £11.

Just because Winter is closing in on us, and the nights are getting darker, it doesn’t mean that Sunglasses should be locked away for the next couple of months. Sunglasses are a great way of bringing an essence of old school, Hollywood glamour to what might feel like a mundane outfit. If you’re lucky enough to be going somewhere warm over the Christmas break, or even if you just need something to hide behind when you have an almighty hangover, they can add a sometimes much-needed touch of style. This pair by Icon Eyewear (available at New Look) have a lovely vintage feel. The tortoiseshell frames are also a favourite amongst many high-end designers this season, such as Ray Ban, Gucci, Prada, and Linda Farrow. The over-sized style and metallic detailing around the edges of the glasses gives them an expensive look, however, they are a great buy at £11.

Craving

Dior (Available at Selfridges), £239

Despite being a lot more of a splurge, this pair by Dior are actually not too dissimilar. Again, the tortoiseshell framing makes for a good change from the conventional dark, winter colours, and it would be easy to emulate Audrey Hepburn’s iconic Breakfast at Tiffany’s look by putting them on with a fur-collared coat. The beauty of tortoiseshell is that it’s an all season colour; it can compliment darker shades in winter, and contrast nicely to pastel shades in Spring and Summer. The expense of the glasses lies in the attention to detail; such as the patterned arms and branded ‘Dior’ hinges. The acetate material will also make them more durable than a cheaper pair, meaning that although they are an item to save for, they will see you a through a number of seasons. Even if you aren’t brave enough to pull this pair out on a (rare) sunny November morning, they are still a worthwhile investment for the warmer months.

My favourite fragrance

Looking for a new signature scent? Or just wondering what fragrance your library crush is wearing? Either way, our experts have weighed in on their favourite perfumes and colognes

Statement red carpet looks from the 2024 Grammys

Four of the most impactful red carpet looks from the 66th annual Grammy Awards, from Billie Eilish to Lenny Kravitz

Hair, makeup and costume design nominees at the 2024 Academy Awards

Who has been celebrated for exceptional hair, makeup and costume design at the Academy Awards 2024… and who was snubbed?

Devils wear Prada: A retrospective look at the iconic F/W 2012 menswear collection

With the 2024 fashion calendar now in full swing and the hype of the BAFTA’s still present, we reflect on one of the most cinematic catwalks in fashion history