damilola-ade-odiachi

On your head, son…

Everything you need to consider to be your very own hat connoisseur…
On your head, son…
Photo: Asos.com

Hats are quite possibly the most difficult accessories to pull off because there are really no rules about them. For example, I can tell you with full confidence that when trying to look smart the colour of your belt should always match that of your shoes. With hats, all rules of the sort go flying out the window. Your hat also has greater definitive abilities than any other accessory you own. For instance, if you want to give the impression that you don’t place to much importance on the way you look, a bright yellow pompom hat will probably do the trick. Or if you want to give the impression that you’re an indie man through and through a well-fitting fedora will do (felt in winter and straw in summer).

When choosing a hat you must either think carefully about it or not think about it at all. Whatever your decision, you must be extremely comfortable with your hat because if you’re not anyone will be able to tell that hats aren’t really your thing and they will immediately assume that you’re going through an identity crisis.

The secret to pulling off any casual hat is to embrace any clash that ensues from its placement on your forehead. Keep it simple, keep it comfortable and most importantly make sure that it is you.

Since when was ginger ‘in’?

Since when was ginger ‘in’?

Since when was red hair in? Read our beauty article to find out why red hair is trending in the celebrity world and what it means for the real gingers of the world
Beauty is in the eyes of the colonizer

Beauty is in the eyes of the colonizer

We discuss the damaging impacts of western beauty standards on women of colour in society today. Ideas of beauty should not be restrictive.
In the Beauty Bag #8

In the Beauty Bag #8

Have a look inside the beauty bag of fashion marketing student Zahra and see what products she recommends, from hair care miracles to skin care must haves.
Accounting for Style #12 – Second Hand Retail Therapy

A second year student who loves second hand shopping and relies on retail therapy records her spending for the month