leo-mates

TOP 5…Puppet films

Leo picks out his top puppet films

5. Team America: World Police – Yeah, it’s a bit childish, and it may have been designed to insult just about anyone who could ever watch it, but let’s face it, it is very funny. It also contains the most swearwords in any film ever.

4. Jurassic Park – Quite possibly Spielberg’s finest film. Anyone who had to watch this as a child will have experienced the terror of thinking dinosaurs could attack at any time. Plus, the animatronics on the dinosaurs still look surprisingly good two decades on.

3. The Nightmare Before Christmas – A fantastic Christmas film that isn’t really a Christmas film, it can also be noted as a rare example of a Tim Burton film that doesn’t feature either Johnny Depp or Helena Bonham Carter. Worth watching just for Danny Elfman’s ‘What’s this?’ which features some of the finest puppet acting ever seen.

2. Wallace and Gromit: A Grand Day Out – The original Wallace and Gromit film featured the inventor and his dog taking a day trip to the moon when they run out of cheese. Single handedly responsible for misleading an entire generation of children on the cheese like quality of the moon, it also featured a sad little moon robot who just wants to go skiing.

1. The Muppet Christmas Carol – Though any of the Muppet movies could have made it onto this list, it always had to be the Christmas Carol. A must watch for Christmas time, where else would you possibly be able to see Michael Caine eating Christmas lunch with Kermit the Frog?

Priscilla review: Coppola gives voice to the voiceless

Sofia Coppola is back with another portrait of girlhood, this time showing the life of Priscilla Presley beyond Elvis’ shadow