nikki-patel

Loving and loathing: Gym wear

Nikki Patel on the dos and don’ts of gym style

LOVING: Adidas by Stella McCartney

Since 2005, Adidas by Stella McCartney has been a unique partnership within fashion and sportswear, appointing her as the creative director for the British team kit for the London 2012 Olympic & Paralympic Games. This year, combining the innovation and high-end technology of Adidas with Stella’s fashion-forward thinking, they have launched a line of high-performance sportswear for women across a range of athletic disciplines such as running, gym, yoga cycling and tennis. The collection was designed with professional players in mind and will in fact be worn by the likes of Laura Robson and Maria Kirilenko at the Grand Slam this year. Although most of us aren’t tennis pros, I can honestly say that with the sleek feminine tailoring, striking prints and bold colour contrasts of McCartney’s pieces ,come gym time you’ll certainly dress to impress, making that post-uni workout just a little more bearable.

LOATHING: Untested tanks

picture: Oprah.com

All too often have I seen ladies of a well-endowed nature, obliviously working out with a vengeance, as their boobs spill out all over the elliptical. We all want to make the most of our best assets, as well as impress the eye candy in the weights section but let’s be honest; an unsupportive or low-cut sports bra is a crime for cardio, bad for your back and downright distracting for all the wrong reasons. To prevent such disasters, Nike offers a range of high quality, stylishly designed sports bras in high, medium and light support.  Lesson to be learnt? Strap ’em down and get to work.

Horticultured: Manchester Fashion Movement brings great clothes to the great outdoors

First Chanel’s Metiers D’Art took place in Manchester last December and now RHS Bridgewater’s Horticultured unfolded in Salford showcasing some fantastic local and sustainable brands

My favourite jeans: Student journalists share their top denim picks

Looking for the perfect jeans? Look no further! Our writers and editors share all their top tips and fave pairs

Celebrity Style Guide #8: Dua Lipa and Callum Turner

We explore the style of up-and-coming couple, musician Dua Lipa and actor Callum Turner, from their day-time outfits to their after-party looks

Glossier: Cult brand or profit machine?

Glossier were famed for their Balm Dotcom and Cloud Paint Blush, but with product prices rising during a cost-of-living crisis will their cult status last?