nikki-patel

Loving and loathing: Gym wear

Nikki Patel on the dos and don’ts of gym style

LOVING: Adidas by Stella McCartney

Since 2005, Adidas by Stella McCartney has been a unique partnership within fashion and sportswear, appointing her as the creative director for the British team kit for the London 2012 Olympic & Paralympic Games. This year, combining the innovation and high-end technology of Adidas with Stella’s fashion-forward thinking, they have launched a line of high-performance sportswear for women across a range of athletic disciplines such as running, gym, yoga cycling and tennis. The collection was designed with professional players in mind and will in fact be worn by the likes of Laura Robson and Maria Kirilenko at the Grand Slam this year. Although most of us aren’t tennis pros, I can honestly say that with the sleek feminine tailoring, striking prints and bold colour contrasts of McCartney’s pieces ,come gym time you’ll certainly dress to impress, making that post-uni workout just a little more bearable.

LOATHING: Untested tanks

picture: Oprah.com

All too often have I seen ladies of a well-endowed nature, obliviously working out with a vengeance, as their boobs spill out all over the elliptical. We all want to make the most of our best assets, as well as impress the eye candy in the weights section but let’s be honest; an unsupportive or low-cut sports bra is a crime for cardio, bad for your back and downright distracting for all the wrong reasons. To prevent such disasters, Nike offers a range of high quality, stylishly designed sports bras in high, medium and light support.  Lesson to be learnt? Strap ’em down and get to work.

Decoding the phenomenon: What lies behind celebrities launching beauty brands?

Why are so many celebs leaving the spotlight and reaching into the realm of cosmetics to launch their own beauty brands?

Celebrity style guide #3: Sabrina Carpenter

If you’re looking to recreate Sabrina’s feminine, pop-star style then look no further because we have a guide just for you

On screen style report #6: Charlotte York

What would Park Avenue princess Charlotte York’s style be around the streets of the Upper East Side in 2024? Enter Ralph Lauren, Burberry, and Chanel…

Influencing goes deeper than we think

We think of influencing as simple: someone you like online tells you to buy something, and you do, like the good little consumer that you are. Maybe it’s not that straightforward