hayley-wells

The best and worst makeup looks of the award shows

Halee Wells discusses who looked queen of the Grammys and who looked queen of the Grannies this award season.

It’s fair to say there have been some beautiful makeup looks on the red carpet so far this year. From perfected red pouts at the Grammys, to more smokey eyes than you can shake a stick at gracing the Baftas, the A-listers have truly nailed some classic looks in 2013.

I have never really been an Alexa Chung fan, however her makeup look at the Grammys this February really impressed me. With absolutely flawless soft peach skin, and a satin red lip, I cannot fault her look here: beautiful.

picture: emirateswoman.com

My second look of the night had to be from the gorgeous Miss Carrie Underwood. She rocked a stunning soft brown and black smokey eye, with nude lips. Her skin was glowing with a subtle tan and pale pink blush: minimal yet sexy. Taylor Swift also tried and succeeded with this look at the Brits this week, a trend I will have to try!

usmagazine.com

All stand please for the girl crush: Jennifer Lawrence. This girl seems to look beautiful wherever she goes, whether at the gym or on the red carpet. Her look at the Baftas was truly stunning. Whether her gown and hair got soaked or not, her sultry smokey eye stayed put all night long with her understated skin glowing. Flawless!

picture: Kay Montano

Unfortunately, it appears some stars may have got ready in the dark this season, with some truly horrific makeup looks getting papped!

Don’t get me wrong, I admire Florence Welch for her quirky style and incredible musical talent, but her makeup artist needs to be sacked ASAP. She wore eye shadow and lipstick shades that were a total no for her skin tone, and where on earth had her mascara run off to? You can easily perfect pale-chic without looking like a zombie, but unfortunately Florence took the drop dead gorgeous memo a little too far.

picture: sheknows.com

I wasn’t even sure who this strange looking creature was without Googling her, but the Estonian singer Kerli appeared to have arrived three months in advance for the Star Trek 2 premiere. Need I say more?

picture: leadingladymakeup.com

Leopard print roars back: The resurgence of a popular fashion trend

Exploring the resurgence of leopard print – how the iconic pattern clawed its way back into fashion’s spotlight with a blend of nostalgia, contemporary flair, and widespread celebrity endorsement

Celebrity style guide #7: Lewis Hamilton

Not everyone would look to the Formula 1 paddock for style inspiration, but luckily our editors have some insight from Lewis Hamilton to help you elevate your wardrobe

3D nails: Achieving new heights in beauty

Does the rise of 3D nail art in the wake of the ‘clean girl’ beauty era signal the resurgence of maximalism? Where did the 3D nail trend begin and where can you get your own unique set?