aimee-grant-cumberbatch

Top 5: Tacky Icons

Diamanté divas and pop princesses; the fame game wouldn’t be right without a touch of tacky, Aimée Grant Cumberbatch lists her top 5 tacky icons.
Top 5: Tacky Icons

1. Kim Kardashian

I can’t figure out whether we should admire Kim K for building a career on a sex tape or revile her. But whatever you think of the woman, she’s now up the duff with the Rap Prince of Tack himself’s baby, so you can rest assured she isn’t ever going anywhere, have I said ever? Ever.

musicradar.com
musicradar.com

2. Britney Spears

Britney, Britney, Britney. It started with those pink pom-poms back in the days of ‘Hit Me Baby One More Time’ and well…we all know the rest. An iconic wearer of the headset microphone, the bodysuit (two words: diamanté and red PVC ok, three, but seriously, google them) and hats, oh the hats.

fashionindie.com
fashionindie.com

3. Samantha Jones (Sex and the City)

You may or may not have seen the 2nd Sex and the City Movie (I know, your heart’s saying yes, your street cred’s saying no) but there’s a scene where Samantha has sex with an oily Australian on a car bonnet in the Abu Dhabi desert. Which tells you everything you need to know.

forbes.com
forbes.com

4. Will.I.am

I don’t get Will.I.am. Maybe it’s because he’s got that oddly square chunk missing from his barnet which makes me feel like I’m playing hair Tetris whenever I look at it, or because he carried the Ohweohweohweolympic torch in Devon (judging The Voice is a DISservice to the nation, Will, just ask her maj). I don’t know. But I what I do know is he’s pretty flipping tacky.

vh1.com
vh1.com

5. Lil’ Kim

Lil’ Kim has been living La Vie en Tack these past 25 years and lalalaloving it. Her feud with Nicki Minaj is probably less about supposed ‘swag’ theft and more about out-tackying each other: my gold hoops are bigger than yours, my fake nails are longer than yours etc.

Since when was ginger ‘in’?

Since when was ginger ‘in’?

Since when was red hair in? Read our beauty article to find out why red hair is trending in the celebrity world and what it means for the real gingers of the world
Beauty is in the eyes of the colonizer

Beauty is in the eyes of the colonizer

We discuss the damaging impacts of western beauty standards on women of colour in society today. Ideas of beauty should not be restrictive.
In the Beauty Bag #8

In the Beauty Bag #8

Have a look inside the beauty bag of fashion marketing student Zahra and see what products she recommends, from hair care miracles to skin care must haves.
Accounting for Style #12 – Second Hand Retail Therapy

A second year student who loves second hand shopping and relies on retail therapy records her spending for the month