susie-coen

DIY: layered chain necklace

Susie Coen explains how to make your own statement jewellery

Making your own jewellery is a great way to increase your array of accessories without the price tag. It’s really simple and you can buy all sorts of different coloured and sized chains, beads and ribbons from the bead shop in Affleck’s Palace. Here is a step-by-step guide of how to create a statement necklace within minutes.

What you will need:
– Chain cutters
– 3 pieces of silver chain, different sizes
– 2 jump rings
– A clasp

Step 1:
Get the largest chain and cut a piece 16 inches long. Then cut the medium sized chain to 17 inches and the smallest to 18 inches. When the chains are laid out they should look like the above picture. Making them different lengths will
allow the chains to layer and hang nicely.

Step 2:

Open up one of the jump rings and put the chains on it in order of size, starting with the largest. When you close the jump ring all the chains should be held together in the correct order. Repeat on the other side making sure to keep the same order.

Step 3:
On one of the jump rings attach the clasp that you can then use to put on and take off your necklace by attaching it to the other jump ring. And voila, you have a new, original statement necklace.

Wear with a black roll neck jumper, tartan trousers and some cut out boots for a perfect winter-chic look. You can also embellish the necklace with studs or beads to make it more detailed.

3D nails: Achieving new heights in beauty

Does the rise of 3D nail art in the wake of the ‘clean girl’ beauty era signal the resurgence of maximalism? Where did the 3D nail trend begin and where can you get your own unique set?

Zendaya and the art of theme dressing

Are Zendaya and stylist Law Roach the fashion worlds answer to Lennon and McCartney?

Does Hailey Bieber’s Rhode phone case signal the death of the handbag?

Hailey Bieber’s latest release, a phone case specially designed to fit a lip product, is just the next step in the ever-shrinking bag trend of recent years. Does this signal the handbag’s ultimate demise?