Top 5 Songs… of the Summer.

Ben Glover recalls the top 5 biggest anthems of the summer.

Breach- Jack

Love it or hate it, Jack’s sheer omnipresence safely secures it the title Tune Of The Summer. Its stupidly catchy vocal hook gave an otherwise uninteresting song mass appeal and an express ticket to Radio 1-playlisted fame.

Paul Woolford- Untitled

The combination of a driving, dark bass roll and a gorgeously-summery piano line would be enough. But then that vocal erupts. At first a surprise, it evolves with every listen into an anticipated, yet still spine-tingling, climax.

Disclosure- You and Me

Though now totally unfashionable, Disclosure reminded us this summer why they’re preposterously famous. Yes, the lyrics- “home is where the heart is”- are doormat-awful, but when your chorus has a bassline this danceable it really doesn’t matter.

Tessela- Hackney Parrot (Special Request VIP)

With the original being last year’s most-hyped tune, this took us through it all again. Littered with spin-backs, sirens and samples referencing Ford Fiestas, crowds were ignited on hearing this for the  first time. Roll on its release.

Ten Walls- Gotham

Gotham certainly isn’t your textbook summer anthem. Clocking in at over nine spooky and shadowy minutes, this techie roller is given legendary status by its timeless creep-up, creep-down synth line.
Label Innervisions never fails to impress.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I047BWE9YHg