moya-crockett

Horoscopes with Mystic Moya

What do the stars have in store for you this week? Mystic Moya predicts…

LIBRA (24 SEPTEMBER – 23 OCTOBER)

Your determination to give everything your all is admirable, but be careful you don’t burn yourself out. Going out four nights a week, making it to every lecture, getting involved with extracurricular activities and keeping in touch with friends and family are all important, but so is taking time for yourself. Downtime isn’t a luxury – it’s a necessity.

SCORPIO (24 OCTOBER – 22 NOVEMBER)

Scorpios are known for being feisty, but not everyone has your tough shell. Be careful with your words this week. There’s a time and a place for blunt honesty, and it’s not all day, every day. You don’t have to be insincere, just mindful of other people’s feelings.

SAGITTARIUS (23 NOVEMBER – 21 DECEMBER)

You’ve been a little reckless with your spending recently, but – sadly – this can’t go on forever. Sit down, check your bank balance, and figure out how much money you’ve actually got to last you until January. It might be terrifying. It might make you feel physically sick. Console yourself with the knowledge that you’re not one Sagittarius known to Mystic Moya, who has blown £900 since Freshers. Unless you are that certain Sagittarius, in which case, you’re an idiot.

CAPRICORN (22 DECEMBER – 20 JANUARY)

When it comes to matters of the heart, you are level-headed to the point of cynicism: no silly crushes or love-at-first-sight for you. You’ve convinced yourself that you’re perfectly happy plodding along with your mates, and your work, and your cats. But are you really? It’s OK to want to believe in the idea of love – even if you struggle with it sometimes.

AQUARIUS (21 JANUARY – 19 FEBRUARY)

There’s so much else going on that work can sometimes end up last on your list of priorities. This week, force yourself to be productive. Get out of bed before 10am, do your reading before your seminars, stick to appointments, stop spending hours trawling Facebook and, you know, generally sort your life out. You’ll be surprised at how good it feels.

PISCES (20 FEBRUARY – 20 MARCH)

Someone has been keeping you guessing for a while as to how they actually feel about you. And how does this make you feel? Pretty rubbish, actually. Be brave and ask them where they stand. Whatever answer you get, it’ll be a weight off your shoulders.

ARIES (21 MARCH – 20 APRIL)

You’re always the one people go to for advice and pep talks, but you’re not so good at being open yourself. Your ability to keep smiling is admirable, but it can mean people forget that you might be struggling with stuff too. Next time a friend asks you how you are, be honest with them. You don’t always have to be the strong one.

TAURUS (21 APRIL – 21 MAY)

“I was wasted” is a reasonable excuse for most things, but it might be worth having a think about why certain issues keep coming up when you’re drunk. If you’re getting upset about the same thing every time you go out, then it’s not the alcohol that’s the problem. Addressing stuff in the cold, sober light of day can be scary, but it’s worth it in the long run.

GEMINI (22 MAY – 21 JUNE)

You say indecisive, we say schizophrenic: whatever, Geminis are known for finding it difficult to make up their minds. You’re unsure about your feelings for a certain friend, but it’s not fair to drag them along for the ride while you figure things out. If you like them, go for it – but if you just like the attention, it’s time to bow out gracefully.

CANCER (22 JUNE – 22 JULY)

It’s easy to get stuck in a rut, whether you’re spending all your time with your boyfriend or girlfriend, eating the same thing every night, not bothering to try and meet new people or declining offers of nights out because you want to watch Breaking Bad. This week, make a conscious effort to try new things.

LEO (23 JULY – 22 AUGUST)

You’ve had a big knock lately, and even the prospect of getting out of bed to drag yourself to a lecture can sometimes feel like TOO. BLOODY. MUCH. But nothing was ever improved by lying in a dark room listening to Bon Iver, except maybe a hangover. Get up, have a shower, and don’t worry about burdening your friends – that’s what they’re there for.

VIRGO (23 AUGUST – 23 SEPTEMBER)

Confident as you are, you still sometimes feel awkward in new situations. Remember that everyone else, even those who seem totally cool and aloof, are probably feeling just as nervous as you. “Fake it ‘til you make it” is a cliche because it’s true. Slap on a smile and introduce yourself to people; it’ll work better than you think.

Where to watch your favourite carols this Christmas

Wanting to feel more festive this December? Christmas carols are one good option, and we’ve got a list of all the best events in Manchester to give you some inspiration
Feel festive at Manchester’s Lightopia!

Feel festive at Manchester’s Lightopia!

Lightopia is back in Manchester to light up the winter sky with festive joy with its light exhibition, food stalls and fairground. But is it worth venturing all the way to Heaton Park?
Thursday – the new Friday? 

Thursday – the new Friday? 

Thursday is a dating app which promises something other than your usual, tired, swipe-left-swipe-right, never-actually-go-on-date, dating app. Thursday is helping us to reclaim the online-dating scene in safe and comfortable ways
How to pick your student house

How to pick your student house

Finding the right student house can often be a significant source of stress for students, which is why we’re here with lots of advice for creating the perfect living situation