elizabeth-linsley

Top 5 Autumn Statement Necklaces

Elizabeth Linsley runs through the hot-list of high street statement necklaces this autumn

Beaded Interwoven Necklace, Zara, £19.99

This eye-catching necklace will instantly make any outfit shine. The pink colour is very on trend this autumn and will brighten up an otherwise all black winter ensemble. The detail in the necklace means you can keep the rest of your outfit simple, and still look like you’ve made an effort.

Tia Rope and Chain Twisted Necklace, boohoo.com, £12

Boohoo stock a range of statement necklaces and with many under £10 they are incredibly purse-friendly! This plaited gold and monochrome necklace looks much pricier than it is and is simple enough to be worn over a sweater to university or with a chiffon blouse for a classier look.

Limited Edition Lynsey Luxor Necklace, New Look, £14.99

This unusual New Look necklace mixes shades of embossed metal, looking fresh and fashionable and the subtle metal tones work well with a range of colours.. Wear with leather and denim to contrast with the different the textures.

Coral Statement Necklace, Warehouse, £16

A statement necklace for the statement shy, this is an easy way of tapping into the trend for accessory virgins. The white, silver and coral colour combination will go perfectly with autumnal shades of navy and forest green, while the classical pear shaped stones and diamonds contrast with the spikes to keep the design interesting.

Rope V Drop Necklace, Topshop, £18.50

Although the design of this necklace is bold, the simple colour scheme makes it easy to wear with a variety of outfits, from your hot pink Pout dress to your grey marl Deaf Institute tee. It could also be work with a checkered shirt to liven up your university wardrobe.

Vivienne Westwood: The ‘Queen of British Fashion’ and her orb

We take a look at the life and works of the much-loved Dame Vivienne Westwood, from visiting Buckingham Palace commando to telling people not to buy clothes. Who was the Queen of fashion?

Make-up Soc’s guide to Winter glam

Check out the President of Makeup Society’s guide to winter glam makeup for the holiday season this year

In the Beauty Bag #11: Union Affairs Officer Sam Bronheim

Recent graduate and SU representative Sam Bronheim shares her beauty journey, tips she learnt from her mom and makeup bargains

Frosty elf chic: From the runway to TikTok, this seasons Winter trends

Winter trends are back with a boom and this year has seen a real change-up in Winter uniform, taking inspiration from several time periods, weather, and designer favourites from the runway