sam-bartram
21st October 2013

Top 5 Songs… to hear at this year’s Warehouse Project season

Tracks not to be missed.

1. Boddika – Heat

Recently released on Loefah’s omnipresent Swamp 81 label, ‘Heat’ exemplifies how Boddika has continued to back up the success of his own label’s ‘Think and Change’ compilation. An intriguing vocal sample is matched with punchy kicks to create a track that will no doubt be dropped by the likes of Jackmaster, Zed Bias and a range of other Warehouse Project performers.

2. The Prodigy – Breathe

Playing three already sold out headline nights, The Prodigy are back again to show why they are held in such high regard in the live dance music world. It could be ‘Breathe’, ‘Firestarter’ or ‘Omen’, it really doesn’t matter, The Prodigy will shake The Warehouse in a way few other artists will have ever done before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2ojuJdgquI

3. Skream – Bang That

‘Bang That’ was surely one of The Warehouse Project’s most played tracks towards the end of last year and with it still being unreleased, a continued air of hype is created around this aptly-named banger. In the words of MC Chunky, “sing along if you know the words”.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blzq-q895k0

4. Dusky – Careless

Dusky’s latest release on the AUS record label has the potential to carry on from where tracks like ‘Nobody Else’ left off in being a regular big room smash. The duo play on three separate occasions over the course of this year’s Warehouse Project season, giving ample opportunity to catch tracks like ‘Careless’ which feature Dusky’s near-trademark vocal buildup and bassline drop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDXtwAuTXoU

5. LFO – LFO

This track was first released way back in 1990, yet it still manages to sound relevant when listened to alongside modern electronic music. LFO are considered the true pioneers of the Acid and Techno sounds. Tracks like ‘LFO’ were originally created for the warehouse environment and over twenty years later this song’s purpose can still be served.

Live Review: Aitch at Club Academy

Live Review: Aitch at Club Academy

Mancunian rapper Aitch played an intimate album launch show, combining old favourites and new numbers for a sold out crowd.
Leeds Festival 2022: Women Rule Most Diverse Line-Up To Date

Leeds Festival invited six headliners: Arctic Monkeys, The 1975, Dave, Megan Thee Stallion, Halsey, and Bring Me The Horizon to perform to sold out crowds over the August bank holiday weekend.
All Points East 2022: Disclosure bring the dance party to London

The final weekend of All Points East brought out the sequins and glitter, resulting in a huge dance party in East London.
All Points East 2022: Tame Impala let down by shoddy sound

Headlining All Points East, Tame Impala were let down by shoddy sound despite fantastic performances from Montell Fish and FKJ.