samuel-ward

Top 5 Songs… about sex

Sam Ward keeps his mind in the gutter

Air – Sexy boy

Not knowing French, this indeed is a very sexy song – after all, the only lyrics in English are “ooo sexy boy”. Translated, the lyrics actually point to a desire for a more glamorous lifestyle. Either way, the smooth, obviously-french edge is enough to get anyone aroused.

Jamiroquai – Feels just like it should

Probably the dirtiest song ever written. Probably. The throbbing bass, shrieking guitar and lip-licking lyrics are all too much to handle, especially when whispered from the heartthrob that is Jay Kay. Only the space cowboy himself can be this sexy.

The Vaccines – Post break up sex

Don’t act like you haven’t done it or wanted to do it. Either way, it’s a sensitive subject and the Vaccines exploit it perfectly by hammering at their guitars the same way they hammered their ex’s DVD collection after they found out.

Oasis- Fucking in the bushes

Whether it’s because you’re a die-hard Oasis fan or couldn’t wait 10minutes with your night’s pull for the next magic bus through Fallowfield, you’re going to know about it. If not, you’d be glad to know Liam doesn’t say a word in this one – lovely.

The Starland Vocal Band – Afternoon Delight

How this became a number one in 1976 I’ll never know. Not because of the birds tweeting on the record or god-awful flanging guitar but because of those overly-magical lyrics. It’s safe to say people were either completely deaf or too busy enjoying some afternoon delight of their own.

Live Review: Aitch at Club Academy

Live Review: Aitch at Club Academy

Mancunian rapper Aitch played an intimate album launch show, combining old favourites and new numbers for a sold out crowd.
Leeds Festival 2022: Women Rule Most Diverse Line-Up To Date

Leeds Festival invited six headliners: Arctic Monkeys, The 1975, Dave, Megan Thee Stallion, Halsey, and Bring Me The Horizon to perform to sold out crowds over the August bank holiday weekend.
All Points East 2022: Disclosure bring the dance party to London

The final weekend of All Points East brought out the sequins and glitter, resulting in a huge dance party in East London.
All Points East 2022: Tame Impala let down by shoddy sound

Headlining All Points East, Tame Impala were let down by shoddy sound despite fantastic performances from Montell Fish and FKJ.