andriana-hambi

Top 5: Wedding Speeches

Andrianna wraps up her top wedding speeches from film and television

My Big Fat Greek Wedding (2002)

In one of the most accurate portrayals of Greek family life, this patriarchal speech captures the essence of family relations, and brings home the true message of the movie; everything comes from the Greek.

Friends  (2001)

Although not a movie, Joeys speech/audition reel at Monica and Chandler’s wedding is and always will be hilarious.

Bridesmaids (2011)

Female version of The Hangover? I wasn’t so taken, but that’s a story for another day. I’ll give it to Kristen Wiig though; she knows how to write a good duelling maid of honour speech!

Fiddler on the Roof (1971)

This has a permanent place in my Top 5 films ever, and has a killer wedding scene. What’s a wedding without a soviet state demonstration? The song Sunrise, Sunset acts as a speech, and would break the heart of any parent with empty nest syndrome.

The Wedding Singer (1998)

This toast is sibling rivalry at its finest, and who better to give it in an already great wedding movie but Steve Buscemi. He gives the drunken, bitter performance that one can only dream of having at their wedding.

The Promised Land review: Man on the moor

This rugged tale of Danish frontier settlement is also a story of struggle – against the land, entrenched hierarchies, and within oneself

Opinion: Every Best Picture winner of the 21st century, ranked from worst to best

With the 96th Academy Awards looming, let’s look back at this century’s winners of the big grand prize of Best Picture

Do Unto Others review: A harrowing look into the unjust world of elderly care

A dissection of the choices we make and the motives behind them, Tetsu Maeda’s film analyses the state of elderly care in Japan through a whodunit thriller

What TV show and film you should watch next based on your star sign

If you’re wondering what to watch next on your study breaks, then look no further because the Mancunion has a carefully curated list of film and TV recommendations based on your star sign