patrick-hinton

Feature: Sankeys Returns

Like a Phoenix from the flames…

Sankeys is back. It’s been 6 months since the Manchester club announced it was closing its doors “indefinitely”, but now the issues that forced its closure have been resolved and they’re ready for action. This is excellent news for Manchester’s dance music scene, of which Sankeys has been an important – albeit on/off – part since its original inception in 1994.

To celebrate their relaunch the club are putting on a huge opening weekend of underground dance music on Friday 20th December and Saturday 21st December.

Friday sees house purist Darius Syrossian in the Basement, alongside spearheads of refined house Audiofly, and residents of revered club-night Fuse Seb Zito b2b Rossko. Each of these DJs performed at Sankeys Ibiza over the Summer to rave reviews, and are sure to bring the continental party vibes back to Manchester.  Upstairs in Spektrum Radio 1’s Mosca will be providing his favoured “dark but sexy” cuts of house and techno, alongside a live set from Manchester’s own Winter Son and Sankeys residents.

On Saturday Parisian funk master Dyed Soundroom will be treating the Basement to an undoubtedly groove filled set, alongside current hot name Andrea Olivia and accomplished selector Lee Burridge. Spektrum is graced by DJ W!ld, a member of Sven Väth’s legendary Cocoon roster no less.

To give a taster of what’s in store for attendees, Darius Syrossian has released a relaunch mix here

Tickets start from at a fairly priced £15 and are available from these links:
Friday 20th Decmeber
Saturday 21st December
Further event information is available here.

Zara Larsson live in Manchester: Bringing ‘VENUS’ to Manchester’s Academy

Swedish pop sensation Zara Larsson returns to Manchester to headline the Academy after the release of her newest LP, ‘Venus’

The Last Dinner Party – Prelude to Ecstasy: A stellar debut from the UK’s most exciting new act

The Last Dinner Party cement their place as one of the most innovative up-and-coming bands in the UK, showcasing operatic vocals and evocative lyrics on their debut LP

Frank Carter and The Rattlesnakes live in Manchester: An ecstatic night of rock with the ‘Man of The Hour’

Frank Carter and The Rattlesnakes return to Manchester Academy after two years, bringing a night of moshpits and mayhem

Laufey live in Manchester: A Valentine’s night ‘bewitched’ by musical charm

Following her recent Grammy victory, Laufey takes the stage for a very special sold-out Valentine’s Day show at Manchester’s Albert Hall