abbie-roberts
22nd February 2014

Origami ‘How-to’:

How to make a Waterbomb!

1.To make the base, use a square of paper and fold in half diagonally.

2.Fold the top right corner to the bottom so that the folded edge lies in the centre.

3.Turn the paper over.

4.Fold top right corner to bottom point.

5.Put your thumbnails inside and separate the front from the back allowing the 2 side corners to come together. This is the completed base.

6.Fold the 2 bottom corners up to the top so that they meet at the centre. Repeat behind.

7.Fold the left and right sides in to meet the centre. Repeat behind.

8.Fold the two top [points of the front flap down to the centre on a line between the two upper corners. Repeat behind.

9.Fold the 2 little triangular flaps and tuck them into the adjacent pockets. Repeat behind. Fold the bottom point up to the centre and return.

10.Apply pressure to the top and bottom and blow into the little hole to raise the form. The water bomb is now complete!

A celebration of Jewish art in Manchester: Introducing Synagogue Scratch

This month, Synagogue Scratch is returning to Manchester Jewish Museum. The series represents a unique opportunity to enjoy new, groundbreaking performances by Jewish artists, in the museum’s beautifully preserved 1874 Synagogue.

Making Manchester #3: Eleanor Haigh

Performing across the UK from Edinburgh Fringe to London, Eleanor Haigh embraces the spotlight with a multitude of talent. She breaks down what draws her to the arts and the biggest challenges facing artists today.

Horoscopes: Art meets star signs

This week we’re helping you align your planets with paintings. Check out the artist whose style suits your star sign.

Making Manchester #2: Laurent Swyngedauw

Continuing our Mancunian series, Laurent Swyngedauw tells us the best spots for capturing great shots in Manchester, and how make a photograph your own