patrick-hinton

Top 5 Songs… played at Resident Advisor Warehouse Project

Songs that made up for the lack of Villalobos

1.  Barnt – Chappell

Not even being dropped three times over the course of a night (by Hessle, Joy Orbison and Jackmaster) made ‘Chappell’ have any less impact. Track of the year.

2. KiNK – Existence

A highlight of Joy Orbison’s masterful set in Room 1. Those piano chords on Store Streets’ speakers, impeccable.

3. Aphex Twin – Didgeridoo

An absolute classic pulled out by the Hessle Trio. This track was on Aphex Twin’s first ever release in 1992, and it still sounds fresh to this day.

4. Emmanuel Jal – Kuar (Olof Dreijer remix)

Another tribal track the Hessle lot plumped for in their b2b2b. This masterful remix from the male half of The Knife kicked off Room 1 early on.

5. Ol’ Dirty Bastard – Got Your Money

A hip-hop banger selected by Moodymann whilst he shared free vodka with the assembled crowd—what more could you want?

Zara Larsson live in Manchester: Bringing ‘VENUS’ to Manchester’s Academy

Swedish pop sensation Zara Larsson returns to Manchester to headline the Academy after the release of her newest LP, ‘Venus’

The Last Dinner Party – Prelude to Ecstasy: A stellar debut from the UK’s most exciting new act

The Last Dinner Party cement their place as one of the most innovative up-and-coming bands in the UK, showcasing operatic vocals and evocative lyrics on their debut LP

Frank Carter and The Rattlesnakes live in Manchester: An ecstatic night of rock with the ‘Man of The Hour’

Frank Carter and The Rattlesnakes return to Manchester Academy after two years, bringing a night of moshpits and mayhem

Laufey live in Manchester: A Valentine’s night ‘bewitched’ by musical charm

Following her recent Grammy victory, Laufey takes the stage for a very special sold-out Valentine’s Day show at Manchester’s Albert Hall