patrick-hinton

Top 5 Songs… played at Resident Advisor Warehouse Project

Songs that made up for the lack of Villalobos

1.  Barnt – Chappell

Not even being dropped three times over the course of a night (by Hessle, Joy Orbison and Jackmaster) made ‘Chappell’ have any less impact. Track of the year.

2. KiNK – Existence

A highlight of Joy Orbison’s masterful set in Room 1. Those piano chords on Store Streets’ speakers, impeccable.

3. Aphex Twin – Didgeridoo

An absolute classic pulled out by the Hessle Trio. This track was on Aphex Twin’s first ever release in 1992, and it still sounds fresh to this day.

4. Emmanuel Jal – Kuar (Olof Dreijer remix)

Another tribal track the Hessle lot plumped for in their b2b2b. This masterful remix from the male half of The Knife kicked off Room 1 early on.

5. Ol’ Dirty Bastard – Got Your Money

A hip-hop banger selected by Moodymann whilst he shared free vodka with the assembled crowd—what more could you want?

Party Like Gatsby will see the O2 Ritz turned into a 1920s speakeasy

Party Like Gatsby returns to O2 Ritz after three long years with Soirée Royale – its biggest party yet!

Album review: Maja Lena pushes her musical boundaries on PLUTO

Maja Lena’s winning combination of folk drawing on electronic elements transports us to an imagined planet

Mogwai: “I feel our music, to the music world, is like a Louis Theroux documentary”

The Mancunion talk to Mogwai’s Barry Burns about the band’s 25 year career, spanning powerful live shows and soaring film scores

Pop for a Dying Planet: CMAT shares new single Mayday

A deep dive into the latest track, ‘Mayday’, from Irish singer-songwriter and rising star CMAT