hannah-brierley

Live: Twin Atlantic

There was an electric ambience about Twin Atlantic’s set

28th October

Manchester Academy

8/10

Twin Atlantic stepped out on stage opening the show with ‘The Ones That I Love’ slowly lulling the crowd into calmness, before breaking that and busting into ‘Hold On’ which completely changed the vibe and kicking up an absolute storm. They upheld and maintained this by going on to play ‘Beast Of Myself’, which definitely got the loudest interaction from the crowd. ‘Fall Into The Party’ and  ‘Be A Kid’ swapping from ballad to anthem but never losing the crowds interest. There was such an electric ambiance about their set and the way they were playing, which rubbed off on the crowd and continued through the night.

The Scottish band went on to play a mix from both their last album Free and new album Great Divide which went down very well. There were however a few technical faults during the middle of the set, and lead singer Sam McCrusty even forgot one of the songs and had to start over three times to which he said: “My humblest apologies for being a dick,” and let everyone boo him in comical style for three seconds. However, their mistakes didn’t put off the rest of their performance with an absolutely crazy drum solo from Craig McNae during ‘The Ghost of Eddie’, which definitely didn’t let anybody down.

Another highlight from the set had to be the acoustic version of ‘Crash Land’ with Barry McKenna on the beautiful cello and McCrustys moving vocals, everyone in the room with a lighter or flash in the air, the aura was absolutely magical. There was then a steady build up of familiar songs leading up to the end of the night, concluding with most recently popular ‘Brothers and Sisters’ and then ‘Heart and Soul’ finishing the night with an absolute bang.

Liam Gallagher and John Squire live in Manchester: ‘Growing old disgracefully’ in the best way possible

Oasis’ Liam Gallagher teams up with boyhood guitar hero John Squire of The Stone Roses to deliver psychedelic raucousness in Manchester

This Feeling live in Manchester: Rivia, The Stride, and Kyris take Off the Square

META – This Feeling’s latest Manchester outing showcases three guitar bands with big futures

86TVs live in Manchester: Headline debut in the city lights up the Deaf Institute

86TVs made their Manchester headline debut at The Deaf Institute, showcasing their new EP and unreleased material

Master Peace live at Night and Day: How To Make a Tour

The genre-bending, ‘indie sleaze revivalist’ brings his electrifying ‘How to Make a Tour’ set to Manchester’s Night and Day