hannah-brierley

Live: Twin Atlantic

There was an electric ambience about Twin Atlantic’s set
Live: Twin Atlantic

28th October

Manchester Academy

8/10

Twin Atlantic stepped out on stage opening the show with ‘The Ones That I Love’ slowly lulling the crowd into calmness, before breaking that and busting into ‘Hold On’ which completely changed the vibe and kicking up an absolute storm. They upheld and maintained this by going on to play ‘Beast Of Myself’, which definitely got the loudest interaction from the crowd. ‘Fall Into The Party’ and  ‘Be A Kid’ swapping from ballad to anthem but never losing the crowds interest. There was such an electric ambiance about their set and the way they were playing, which rubbed off on the crowd and continued through the night.

The Scottish band went on to play a mix from both their last album Free and new album Great Divide which went down very well. There were however a few technical faults during the middle of the set, and lead singer Sam McCrusty even forgot one of the songs and had to start over three times to which he said: “My humblest apologies for being a dick,” and let everyone boo him in comical style for three seconds. However, their mistakes didn’t put off the rest of their performance with an absolutely crazy drum solo from Craig McNae during ‘The Ghost of Eddie’, which definitely didn’t let anybody down.

Another highlight from the set had to be the acoustic version of ‘Crash Land’ with Barry McKenna on the beautiful cello and McCrustys moving vocals, everyone in the room with a lighter or flash in the air, the aura was absolutely magical. There was then a steady build up of familiar songs leading up to the end of the night, concluding with most recently popular ‘Brothers and Sisters’ and then ‘Heart and Soul’ finishing the night with an absolute bang.

Live Review: Lea Salonga at Bridgewater Hall

Theatre Editor Jay Darcy reviews Lea Salonga’s Dream Again Tour at the Bridgewater Hall
Live Review: Peaches brings her Teaches to Manchester

Head Music Editor Sarah Taylor reviews Peaches’ stop at the O2 Ritz on her Teaches of Peaches 20th anniversary tour.
Live Review: Horsegirl at YES Manchester

Kevin Thomas reviews Horsegirl’s enthralling show at YES Manchester
Saint Etienne Live Review: Back with a splash

Izzy Langhamer reviews the latest ‘Saint Etienne’ gig, which saw them perform latest releases from ‘I’ve Been Trying To Tell You’, as well as fan favourites and 90s hits