Marc Jacobs and Zana Bayne: A Valentine’s day match made in heaven

As Marc Jacobs teams up with lady of leather Zana Bayne, Mia Krikler takes a look at their very special Valentine’s day collection

Having collaborated with Prabal Gurung for five seasons of luxurious accessories as well as having created harnesses for the Victoria Secret fashion show, if Zana Bayne was not at the top of her game then, well she certainly is now. The ready-to-wear designer Marc Jacobs has gotten hold of New York’s leather maestro: Bayne, who has single handedly shifted the notorious harness from the boudoir and into fashion.

Jacobs and Bayne are collaborating on a capsule collection of naughty and nice accessories just in time for Valentine’s Day! All handmade in the Big Apple, the collection consists of studded collars and heart-shaped, red leather pasties. Bayne said, “the idea was to work on a special selection of sexy Valentine’s Day items that were based on the signature Marc Jacobs heart shape”.

Photo: Marc Jacobs

Bayne has previously made custom pieces for the likes of Madonna and FKA Twigs and her line is sold at high-end stores such as Comme des Garçons and Selfridges. The iconic Marc Jacobs heart motif was clearly the inspiration for the collection. And if the pieces are not enough, then the packaging certainly adds a special touch; everything comes in adorable heart-shaped candy and rose boxes, combining the naughty and nice side of the collection perfectly.

Vivienne Westwood: The ‘Queen of British Fashion’ and her orb

We take a look at the life and works of the much-loved Dame Vivienne Westwood, from visiting Buckingham Palace commando to telling people not to buy clothes. Who was the Queen of fashion?

Make-up Soc’s guide to Winter glam

Check out the President of Makeup Society’s guide to winter glam makeup for the holiday season this year

In the Beauty Bag #11: Union Affairs Officer Sam Bronheim

Recent graduate and SU representative Sam Bronheim shares her beauty journey, tips she learnt from her mom and makeup bargains

Frosty elf chic: From the runway to TikTok, this seasons Winter trends

Winter trends are back with a boom and this year has seen a real change-up in Winter uniform, taking inspiration from several time periods, weather, and designer favourites from the runway