Marc Jacobs and Zana Bayne: A Valentine’s day match made in heaven

As Marc Jacobs teams up with lady of leather Zana Bayne, Mia Krikler takes a look at their very special Valentine’s day collection

Having collaborated with Prabal Gurung for five seasons of luxurious accessories as well as having created harnesses for the Victoria Secret fashion show, if Zana Bayne was not at the top of her game then, well she certainly is now. The ready-to-wear designer Marc Jacobs has gotten hold of New York’s leather maestro: Bayne, who has single handedly shifted the notorious harness from the boudoir and into fashion.

Jacobs and Bayne are collaborating on a capsule collection of naughty and nice accessories just in time for Valentine’s Day! All handmade in the Big Apple, the collection consists of studded collars and heart-shaped, red leather pasties. Bayne said, “the idea was to work on a special selection of sexy Valentine’s Day items that were based on the signature Marc Jacobs heart shape”.

Photo: Marc Jacobs

Bayne has previously made custom pieces for the likes of Madonna and FKA Twigs and her line is sold at high-end stores such as Comme des Garçons and Selfridges. The iconic Marc Jacobs heart motif was clearly the inspiration for the collection. And if the pieces are not enough, then the packaging certainly adds a special touch; everything comes in adorable heart-shaped candy and rose boxes, combining the naughty and nice side of the collection perfectly.

The evolution of Coachella fashion: From glam to casual, has the fun faded?

Looking back at the biggest festival of the year and why it was such a disappointment for fashion fans

On screen style report #8: Samantha Jones

How would the original girlboss, Samantha Jones, tear up Manhattan in 2024? One showstopping look at a time…

The most iconic closets from TV and Film

Closets that never end, closets that pick your outfit for you, and closets controlled with a remote… ah the life of a fictional girlboss

Summer’s best defence: The top five sunscreen picks for your skincare

Shield your skin from harmful UV rays with our top five sunscreen picks; from lightweight formulas to advanced skincare benefits, these sunscreens offer protection and nourishment for summer-ready skin