27th June 2015

Best of: Pangaea – Disco Apocalypse

At the end of the world, what’s left to do but party with the disco zombies? Here are some of our favourite costumes from this summer’s Pangaea

June’s Pangaea event was an enormous success, with over 6500 revellers turning out to celebrate the sounds of the Seventies like it was the end of the world. As ever, partygoers had clearly put in a huge amount of time and effort into their costumes, and whether disco diva or horror hippie, the range of outfits was, yet again, mindblowing. The Mancunion was out documenting the apocalypse, and photographing some of the most inventive and eye-catching outfits. In no particular order, here are some of the best we saw.

All photos: The Mancunion

Check out the gallery of Pangaea photos on our Facebook page!

Seasons change, Hot Strike Summer stays

Seasons change, Hot Strike Summer stays

Hot strike summer continues into the winter, with countless groups fighting for workers rights, refusing to be treated as a commodity
#Stop Hazara Genocide: Afghanistan’s deadly oppression of the Hazara

Protests have taken off around the world following the latest Afghan bombing against the Hazara. But who are the Hazara, and what’s at stake in Afghanistan?
EDI Director Banji Adewumi calls for UoM to become “centre of excellence for inclusion”

Banji Adewumi, the EDI director at the University of Manchester, sat down with us for the second episode of Under the Spotlight. We discussed politics, staff negotiations and inclusivity
Women in the workshop: In conversation with Bee Pedal Ready

We sat down with Belinda, founder of Bee Pedal Ready, to find out more about her projects helping women get into mechanics