charlie-spargo

Indian Dance Society flashmob

Don’t miss the Indian Dance Society’s flashmob at University Place, and taster session at the Sugden Centre tomorrow

Last year’s winner of the Students’ Union Best Media & Arts Society of the Year, the Indian Dance Society, will host a flashmob outside University Place this week.

Taking place at 2:30pm on Wednesday, the event is intending to increase awareness of the society and make sure people come along to their first taster session.

This begins at 3pm in the Sugden Centre, a short walk from University Place. From 3 – 4pm they will hold a free Bharathnatyam dance class, and from 4 – 5 they will hold a free Bollywood class.

“Come watch an amazing performance at the flashmob by The Indian Dance Society!” says Head of Marketing Donitta Dany. “Join us for a little taste of Bollywood and Indian Classical dance & music at our Free Taster Session right after, at which we guarantee you fun, fitness and lots more fun!”

The IDS holds Bharathnatyam and Bollywood classes every Wednesday at the Students’ Union. If you have any interest in getting involved, you can join on the Students’ Union website or find them on Facebook.