kassi-allcock

Bra-tastic: Only the best for your breasts

In recognition of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Kassi Allcock narrows down the essential three bra styles that you should ‘fit’ into your underwear drawer

Although your lingerie doesn’t get showcased quite as often as the rest of your wardrobe, it is a fundamental part of your daily attire. If you leave the house with an uncomfortable bra on, you’ll be wriggling and writhing all day long. Wearing a well-fitting bra should be the top priority on your list.

Of those questioned in Manchester, 20 per cent admitted that they had never been professionally measured for a bra. Knowing this statistic, it is not surprising that 80 per cent of women are wearing the wrong sized bra (according to research by lingerie brand Freya). Doing so can cause discomfort, such as backache, as well as making your clothes look frumpish and ill-fitting.

In alignment with Breast Cancer Awareness Month, House of Fraser are offering complimentary fittings and 20 per cent off when you purchase two or more bras, as part of the Perfect Fit event running from 9th – 28th October. Lingerie brands on offer include Calvin Klein, DKNY, Freya, and many more.

Having found your perfect-fitting bra, there are three essential styles that you should ‘fit’ into your underwear drawer.

The Nude

Photo: Marks and Spencers, £19.50

Although not the sexiest number, a nude bra is a must have. When sporting a lace top with no undershirt, or a transparent white tee, a coloured bra is not going to cut it. Show off your vibrant fashion in style, rather than directing leering eyes to what lie beneath. Just because the colour isn’t aesthetically pleasing, you don’t have to limit yourself to the most basic of bras. Jazz yourself up by picking a lacy alternative!

The Practical

Photo: Boux Avenue, £25

Owning a strapless top or dress without having a strapless bra in your possession is not a smart move—you’ll be forced to either tuck in your straps, digging further into your chest with every move you make, or have them on show for the world to see (which defeats the point in the first place). Invest in a high-quality strapless bra for all of your practical needs, and opt for black to add a dash of glamour to the mix.

The Sexy

Photo: Figleaves, £19

Whether worn for yourself or someone else, a sexy bra is the third style necessary to complete your underwear drawer. Although not always the most practical choice for a tight tee, it will be easy to hide underneath a woolly jumper. Adding that risqué feel to your everyday outfits, a sexy bra can boost your confidence levels. If you want to go the extra mile, throw on a matching pair of knickers, and feel smug knowing your naughty secret.

Frosty elf chic: From the runway to TikTok, this seasons Winter trends

Winter trends are back with a boom and this year has seen a real change-up in Winter uniform, taking inspiration from several time periods, weather, and designer favourites from the runway
Beauty advent calendars: The best of this year

Whether you are a makeup head, skincare junkie or self-care queen, have fun counting down to Christmas with these advent calendars. Here are The  Mancuion’s beauty team suggestions
Primark goes online – RIP sustainable fashion

Primark has announced they’re moving online. But why? Is this really necessary for an already successful company?
Extreme beauty procedures: The Botox craze

We look into rising botox trends that move beyond the face into the strangest places imaginable, like feet and bladders! Read about the doctors who perform these treatments and the reasons people are getting.