laura-mills
23rd November 2015

Top 5: Online beauty retailers

Who needs regular shopping when you can browse these beauty gems from the comfort of your own bed?

We’re all guilty of online shopping every now and again (some of us more than others). I’m sure my postman must have a vendetta against me due to the amount of parcels that arrive at my house. However, regardless of my postman’s anger, I’ll still continue to shop online. There’s just something about being able to trawl through your favourite sites at 3am in your pyjamas, or whilst in the library avoiding work (sorry tutors). So, rather than popping into Boots this weekend, check out a few of these online beauty treasure troves instead:

1. Cult Beauty

Photo: Cult Beauty

This is by far my favourite online beauty store. Every single product that appears on the site has been handpicked by a panel of beauty experts who aim to filter out the “blaggers and the braggers from the gems that do what they say on the tin.” They rarely sell a brand’s full line—just the standout pieces that are worth your pennies. This ensures that anything you find is guaranteed to be amazing. Having spent hours trawling through their “what’s new” and “top 10” sections, my bank account has suffered a significant blow, but every single purchase has been well worth it.

Things to add to your basket: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz, Alpha H Liquid Gold, Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask, Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel, Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder.

2. Feel Unique

Photo: Feel Unique

The place to head if you’re after a bargain. There are constantly offers and discounts on this site; they stock some incredible brands and they offer 20% student discount all year round. Win win! I’d always check here before buying anything from a big department store as they often have the same products but with an additional discount on top. Oh, and they do free delivery on all orders over £10 and let’s be honest, it won’t be difficult to get over that mark.

Things to add to your basket:  Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré, NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams, Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm, Urban Decay Naked Palettes, Real Techniques Setting Brush.

3. Beauty Bay

Photo: Beauty Bay

Similar to Cult Beauty, they stock products that can be a little difficult to source elsewhere. They had originally just sold fragrance but due to customer demand, they have expanded their range to include skincare, haircare and makeup, too. And boy am I glad they did!

Things to add to your basket: Fairydrops Scandal Queen Mascara, Louise Young Super Foundation Brush LY34, Peter Thomas Roth Irish Moor Mud Mask, Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray, Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit.

4. Escentual

Photo: Escentual

This is the place to go for all of your French ‘pharmacie’ needs, offering everything from Bioderma to Caudalie and La Roche-Posay to Avène. Also, there’s usually a third off of French pharmacy finds so it’s always worth a look here before anywhere else. They’re also proud supporters of Give and Makeup, a non profit charity supplying essential beauty products to sufferers of domestic violence.

Things to add to your basket: La Roche-Posay Serozinc, Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfector, Bioderma Sensibo H20 Micelle Solution, Caudalie Grape Water Spray, Vichy Idealia BB Cream.

5. ASOS

Photo: ASOS

Ahhhh… everyone’s favourite site. I can spend some serious time and do some serious damage on here. Not only do they stock hundreds of amazing fashion pieces, but they also stock some great beauty finds, too. There’s usually discounts going, free delivery and you can also use your student discount.

Things to add to your basket: Nip + Fab Glycolic Radiance Pads, Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencils, Seche Vite Dry Fast Topcoat, Pixi Glow Tonic, Dr Bronner Liquid Soap (for washing your makeup brushes!)

There we have it, some new beauty gems to add to your wish list. Don’t blame me when your bank account takes a hit…

Leopard print roars back: The resurgence of a popular fashion trend

Exploring the resurgence of leopard print – how the iconic pattern clawed its way back into fashion’s spotlight with a blend of nostalgia, contemporary flair, and widespread celebrity endorsement

Celebrity style guide #7: Lewis Hamilton

Not everyone would look to the Formula 1 paddock for style inspiration, but luckily our editors have some insight from Lewis Hamilton to help you elevate your wardrobe

3D nails: Achieving new heights in beauty

Does the rise of 3D nail art in the wake of the ‘clean girl’ beauty era signal the resurgence of maximalism? Where did the 3D nail trend begin and where can you get your own unique set?