With the prospect of summer internship interviews looming, it is important that you are ready to floor the interviewer not only with your intelligence but also your professional appearance. Leave your trainers and other affiliated student garms at home and embrace your professional side. The impression that you create, from your shoes to your hair, plays an essential role and could be what sets you apart from the other candidates. Once you have ensured that your appearance oozes professionalism, don’t slip at the final hurdle, and make sure that your nails are on point. Avoid garish colours, such as hot pinks and reds which, while perfect for the summer, don’t exactly scream ‘hire me!’. Instead, opt for more neutral-toned nail varnishes that will give you a smart and polished look that shows you are ready for business. Finally, make sure you avoid chipping your nails before the big day, since it can take you from slick to scruffy.
Here are the top five nude nail varnishes on the market:
1) Cheat the salon effect with Barry M’s Pink Lemonade from the Gelly hi shine range. A gorgeous pale pink polish, with an extra glossy finish. (£3.99)
2) If pink isn’t for you, then a pale beige colour works just as well with a lighter skin tone. Try Essie’s Sand Tropez, a soft sandy neutral pastel. A classic colour that can take you from day to night. (£7.99)
3) Darker neutrals can still look classic and chic, although perhaps work better for those ladies with a darker skin tone. If browns and greys are more your thing then Country Club Khaki by Orly is the perfect shade for you. Extremely shiny and long lasting, this shade is a winner. This brand is a favourite with nail salons and so is slightly pricier than the other polishes at £10.50.
4) Let’s get nude by Rimmel is the ultimate neutral nail varnish. It looks fresh, clean and contemporary without breaking the bank. Priced at £2.99, Rimmel is still a firm favourite with girls and women alike. Cheap and trusty, you cannot go wrong with Rimmel.
5) If super glossy nails are too much for you, then Vanilla from Barry M’s matte range is the ideal shade. A neutral colour with a hint of grey, the matte finish makes a statement and gives you the edge. Although it is perhaps a slightly more daring choice, it nevertheless is perfectly in keeping with interview attire. It also has a friendly price tag of £3.99.
Armed with your knowledge, a fierce outfit, and classic nails, you are ready to handle whatever the interviewer throws at you. Go get ’em, girls!
Trackback from your site.