• Manchester University Expedition Society announce photography competition winners

mues

Manchester University Expedition Society announce photography competition winners

Two winners of MUES’s Photography Competition have been named for their spectacular shots taken on their travels

At the start of the year, the Expedition Society called for the university’s best travel and adventure photographs. We had some fantastic entries and enjoyed seeing some of the places that Manchester students have explored.

We’d like to congratulate this year’s winner, Joe Harris for his brilliant photo taken on an eight-day trip around rural Norway. Joe (architecture student) and his father covered 2,500km by road, stopping to camp, hike or just explore whatever caught their eye.

We loved the sense of adventure that this photo captures. The dramatic sense of wilderness reminded us that there is so much out there to explore.

Photo: Joe Harris

The runner up was Joe Watson’s atmospheric photo, which was taken on Mount Snowdon.

Photo: Joe Watson

This year’s winner and runner up have been awarded with Barska 10×50 WA and Barska 10×25 Lucid View binoculars (kindly sponsored by Cotswold Outdoor).

The Expedition Society brings Manchester students together to share experiences, resources and ideas in order to plan and carry out student-led expeditions around the world.

If you would like to get involved with the Expedition Society, or would like help setting up your own expedition then get in touch with us on [email protected] or find us on Facebook.

Was there life on Mars?

New data provides further evidence for liquid water on Mars. Maybe we aren’t alone in the Solar System after all?