charlie-chipcase

T in the Park Preview

The Mancunion looks at what to expect from Scotland’s renowned T in the Park festival this summer

One of Scotland’s major music festivals returns to its recently changed location at Strathallan Castle in Perthshire. T in the Park has always been strong in combining acts both old and new across a diverse range of styles. This year certainly does not disappoint. 2016’s line-up is undoubtedly one of the most exciting yet, bringing together some of the biggest names both from home and abroad.

The headliner that will most likely be igniting the biggest buzz across the fields is Manchester’s very own The Stone Roses. 2011 saw their triumphant ‘resurrection’ 15 years after their breakup, culminating in a series of concerts that included Coachella and our local Heaton Park. Their presence at T in the Park has been heightened because this is their only scheduled performance aside from their concerts at Manchester’s Etihad Stadium in June. More recently, the band has just released their first new material in over 20 years, leading to anticipation of a new album. 2016 is fast becoming a major year for the Roses, and T in the Park will play a significant role.

Continuing the theme of established rock legends, Red Hot Chili Peppers will also be headlining. The band have similarly upped the ante by recently releasing their first new single in four years, titled ‘Dark Necessities’. The band will be riding off the release their new album The Getaway, which is released on June the 17th. LCD Soundsystem also return after five years of disbandment, despite stating that their performance at Madison Square Garden in New York City would be their ‘last ever’.

Alongside the big names of old, T in the Park is also welcoming some of the best acts that the younger generation has to offer. Calvin Harris, Disclosure, and Chase & Status are confirmed, demonstrating the festival’s ability to incorporate acts more associated with the electronic and dance scene. This theme continues slightly further down the line-up with the likes of Jamie xx, Annie Mac, and Skream among others. It is this variety of musical styles both old and new that will make T in the Park one of the most exciting festivals this summer.

Find more details on the official website here.

When: 8th – 10th July 2016

Where: Strathallan Castle, Perthshire, Scotland

Cirque du Soleil: In conversation with Roger Hewett

Jessica Hamilton interviews band leader Roger Hewett ahead of Cirque du Soleil: Corteo’s residency at AO Arena
Live Review: Kim Wilde at Bridgewater Hall

Legendary singer Kim Wilde’s The Greatest Hits Tour played at Bridgewater Hall – where she was joined by China Crisis.
Live Review: Aitch at Club Academy

Live Review: Aitch at Club Academy

Mancunian rapper Aitch played an intimate album launch show, combining old favourites and new numbers for a sold out crowd.
Leeds Festival 2022: Women rule most diverse line-up to date

Leeds Festival invited six headliners: Arctic Monkeys, The 1975, Dave, Megan Thee Stallion, Halsey, and Bring Me The Horizon to perform to sold out crowds over the August bank holiday weekend.