brogen-campbell

Festival Preview – Parklife

Grab your ticket now and don your waviest garms for Manchester’s biggest music festival—it’s set to be big!

Last year’s Parklife was a huge success, and this year’s lineup does not disappoint. As per usual there is a mix of music genres, so there’s something for everyone from the indie Wolf Alice to rapper Lethal Bizzle. No one can accuse the lineup of not being diverse. This year’s iteration includes a massive representation of the UK grime scene. As this is no doubt a golden year for grime, Parklife has celebrated this by recruiting some of the best to perform, including Stormzy, Skepta, Kano and ‘the man who’s putting Manny on the map’, Bugzy Malone.

What’s more, Parklife day festival set up is better in comparison to the rest of the big hitting festivals. The no camping aspect means the weekend isn’t nearly as grim as other camping festivals, as everyone can go home and shower. Furthermore, it means house parties to follow the day’s action. The no doubt numerous house parties in Fallowfield between the Saturday and the Sunday means the weekender will be one long party.

More importantly the festival is held here in Heaton Park, Manchester, so you don’t have to pay for expensive train tickets or car journeys. If you’re still not convinced that Parklife weekender is not to be missed, here are just some of the huge acts set to perform: The Chemical Brothers, Jess Glynne, Years and Years, Stigma and Major Lazer to name but a few. Of course, Annie Mac will be delivering an unmissable set, and it wouldn’t be Parklife without her. The legend that is Ice Cube will also be performing.

Parklife will be held in Heaton Park, Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th June—tickets and full line-up are available at parklife.uk.com.

Party Like Gatsby will see the O2 Ritz turned into a 1920s speakeasy

Party Like Gatsby returns to O2 Ritz after three long years with Soirée Royale – its biggest party yet!

Album review: Maja Lena pushes her musical boundaries on PLUTO

Maja Lena’s winning combination of folk drawing on electronic elements transports us to an imagined planet

Mogwai: “I feel our music, to the music world, is like a Louis Theroux documentary”

The Mancunion talk to Mogwai’s Barry Burns about the band’s 25 year career, spanning powerful live shows and soaring film scores

Pop for a Dying Planet: CMAT shares new single Mayday

A deep dive into the latest track, ‘Mayday’, from Irish singer-songwriter and rising star CMAT