mattea-bubalo

Top 5: Heartbreak Songs

Feeling blue after realizing you are not going to stay with your school sweetheart forever? Fear not: these post-heartbreak songs will send you towards a speedy (and emotional) recovery

5) It Wasn’t Me – Shaggy

For a lighthearted apology for whatever it was you did in Fifth last night, this classic will surely cheer you and your estranged beau up

4) I Don’t Want To Miss a Thing – Aerosmith

You can tell your flatmates you’re enjoying this power ballad ironically, but we all know what’s really up. “I’m not crying, I’ve just got something in my eye.”

3) The First Cut is the Deepest – Norma Fraser

A genuinely lovely reggae cover of a “dad’s favourite” classic rock song, the mixture of Norma Fraser’s clean, melancholy vocals and the upbeat melody will keep you on the sunnier side of wistfulness.

2) Comment Tu Dire Adieu? – Françoise Hardy

Sophisticated and seductive, let Françoise Hardy add a dramatic and French hue to your heartbreak set in unfamiliar redbrick surroundings. It feels classier that way.

1) Since I Left You – The Avalanches

When words aren’t enough, let The Avalanches guide you to the light at the end of the tunnel with simply the words, “Since I left you, I found the world so new.”