talia-g-lee-skudder

ASOS release Princess Diana inspired collection

ASOS and WAH nails founder, Sharmadean Reid, pays tribute to the People’s Princess with their capsule collection

Last month, the founder of the hugely successful nail brand WAH, Sharmadean Reid, collaborated with ASOS to launch a tribute capsule collection inspired by the late Princess Diana. Prior to launching WAH nails, Reid created WAH zine, her inspiration for the collection came from a featured page in the magazine. ‘When Di Was Fly’ paid homage to the Princess’ preppy-chic street style that Reid has tried to encapsulate in her collaboration.

According to Reid, the collection is East London meets West London and includes everything you’d expect from a collection paying homage to Diana. From tartan to pearl chokers, this collaboration will definitely have you reaching for your purse. The collection includes not one, but two LBDs. The halter neck blazer dress is a cool spin on the classic black dress but it is the velvet dress that captures one of Diana’s most iconic fashion moments. The dress is reminiscent of the tight, ruched mini-dress by Christina Stambolian that Diana wore to the Serepentine Gallery benefit in 1994 just as a documentary detailing her husband’s affair was airing. Princess Diana oozed confidence and allure; the photograph of her in dress was splashed across the papers, cementing its status as one of her most memorable fashion choices.

Reid has also included a relaxed tailored suit, a preppy cable knit cricket jumper and two pairs of loafers. I’m currently lusting after the velvet heeled loafers with a ribbon ankle tie, a fabulous nod to the nineties trend currently dominating high-street fashion. Reid has given a contemporary spin to Diana’s chic nineties look, creating the ultimate style tribute that the millennials can fully get on board with.

3D nails: Achieving new heights in beauty

Does the rise of 3D nail art in the wake of the ‘clean girl’ beauty era signal the resurgence of maximalism? Where did the 3D nail trend begin and where can you get your own unique set?