talia-g-lee-skudder

Manchester Fashion Weekender event

Manchester Arndale launched their first Fashion Weekender event to roaring success. From fashion tips to free makeovers, this annual event is not one to be missed

Last weekend saw Manchester launch their first Fashion Weekender event hosted at the Arndale Centre.  Visitors had the chance to learn about the hottest new trends set to take Autumn/Winter by storm and also hazard their luck on getting their hands on the huge selection of freebies that were on offer. The event collaborated with top make-up brand Kiko Milano who’s make up artists were on hand to spruce up your daytime look with a full makeover or simply touch up your lippie before you continued on with the rest of your day.

The event included a game of Style Spinner, whereby shoppers had to match the three catwalk models from the same retailer which were displayed on the screens. Not only was the game a bit of fun, there were also amazing prizes up for grabs. Even the losers got to choose from a selection of Kiko’s nail varnishes, while the lucky winners received vouchers to spend anywhere in the Arndale Centre. I am happy to say that I was a proud recipient of both prizes and cannot wait to take a cheeky stroll down to Topshop and get money off my next purchase.

Now freebies aside, we were also enlightened about the hottest trends that are about to hit the stores this season. The lovely Arabella Greenhill of InStyle magazine informed us of what styles we should be currently coveting this Autumn/Winter. Arabella revealed her journey to success, breaking into the industry as a model before going on to work as an assistant, an editor and now to her current role as fashion director at InStyle. Her credentials also include working at some of the top fashion magazines in the industry from Marie Claire to Vogue. Fresh from the fashion weeks, Arabella gave us the scoop on what trends stormed the runway. Velvet is back in a big way, turtlenecks are as chic as ever and our bags need to be miniscule, only leaving room for our ultimate accessory: our iPhones.

Moving away from high fashion, Arabella revealed which looks have been translated onto the high street and that were available to buy from shops in the Arndale. Starting with coats, puffa coats are a wardrobe staple, with Topshop doing a sophisticated twist on the classic design. Pale pink, longline and satin, this coat is surely a winner and should have a firm place on your upcoming Christmas wish list. The next coat up was the black, shearling flight jacket available from Warehouse, one of my particular favourites and also up for winning. This style is dominating fashion this season and for one lucky girl the Warehouse beauty is now hanging in her wardrobe ready to face Manchester’s freezing winter. Finally, the print we should all be rocking is cat print. It’s time to unleash your inner cat lady and embrace this trend for the coming winter.

A fantastic event promoting the Arndale Centre and all of the fabulous shops it has to offer. From freebies to fashion top tips, this event is not one to be missed and should have its place in every Mancunian fashion lover’s diary.

Decoding the phenomenon: What lies behind celebrities launching beauty brands?

Why are so many celebs leaving the spotlight and reaching into the realm of cosmetics to launch their own beauty brands?

Celebrity style guide #3: Sabrina Carpenter

If you’re looking to recreate Sabrina’s feminine, pop-star style then look no further because we have a guide just for you