eliza-slawther

Screening: Jungle Films

The reality of life inside the Calais Jungle is explored through a series of shorts by Jungle Films

On the 17th November, Jungle Films are screening a series of short documentary films exploring the current events happening in the Calais Jungle.

The films look into the everyday life of those in and involved with the Calais Jungle camp, as well as the controversial issues surrounding its emergence and recent demolition.

These shorts will offer an insight into Calais that many will not have seen or experienced before, and it is sure to be as emotionally moving and uplifting as it is informative.

Jungle Films have teamed up with Manchester RAG to bring this screening to you, and there will be post-screening drinks and discussion as well as the opportunity to meet and talk to the film-makers.

Entry is by donation and all donations go to Care4Calais — a Calais refugee crisis charity.

Doors are at 7 and the screening starts at 7:30 in the University of Manchester Students’ Union.

The Fabelmans review: An ode to the power of the motion picture

Steven Spielberg’s semi-autobiographical film The Fabelmans is a moving tribute to the movies that made him

Babylon: Chazelle’s love letter to Hollywood

Damien Chazelle’s obsession with the glamour of Hollywood is taken to new heights in his new film Babylon.

Tár review: Power perverts art

Todd Field’s thrilling Tár is a refreshing take on the obsessed artist trope featuring a captivating performance by Cate Blanchett

Global Cinema Series: Touching Down in Japan

The Mancunion film team explore how Japanese film has captured audiences’ imagination and examines Japan as a titan of global cinema