kirstie-omahony

Last chance to stand in the student officer elections

Voting opens on the 24th October

Students at the University of Manchester have until Wednesday 18th October to stand to be representatives of their Union.

The Students’ Union has a range of Student Officer roles which filled by a cross-campus election each October. They offer training, for the role and support and advice throughout the year. You will also receive resources to aid you in fulfilling your duties as an officer.

The officer positions are broken down into teams. They are Liberation, Faculty, Student COmmunity and Other. Within those categories there are lots of roles students can apply for, such as Black Minority Ethnic (BME) Officer, Humanities Undergraduate Officer, Fallowfield and Withington Officer and Working Class Students’ Officer.

To stand, students will need to go to the Students’ Union website and search student officer elections. There they will find full role descriptions, as well as a form where they can upload their manifesto and create a slogan for your campaign.

Voting will open on the 24th October.

Get to know: Who is Professor Duncan Ivison?

Nancy Rothwell is stepping down – who exactly is her replacement?