tobias-soar

Top 5 Horrorcore Songs

It’s Halloween, the spookiest time of year — why not delve into one of the darkest subgenres of hip-hop on this terrifying holiday?

‘Mark’ — Shahmen

The mysterious and dark rapper, Shahmen, brings a hard-hitting production and his deep, earthy voice to the table in this track.

‘South Side Suicide’ — $uicideboy$

Though the New Orleans duo doesn’t consider themselves horrorcore, their themes of suicide are dark enough to warrant that title.

‘Yonkers’ — Tyler, The Creator

His most recent album Flower Boy presents a departure from his original style, however, ‘Yonkers’ screams classic Tyler.

‘1-800-Suicide’ — Gravediggaz

Horrorcore creators Gravediggaz mix a laid-back production with smooth prose on this song that sarcastically tells the listener to embrace their ignorance.

‘OkayButThisIsTheLastTime’ — BONES

This horrorcore tune achieved meme status as the soundtrack to bottle-flip videos. Despite this, the track’s lyrics are dark, moody, and quintessentially horrorcore.

Fat White Family’s Lias Saoudi is circling around the Post-Punk cul-de-sac

Now that Fat White family have returned with ‘Forgiveness Is Yours’, lead-singer Lias Saoudi has a lot more to say about post-punk, lyricism, and being a Londoner

Peter Bibby – Drama King: A tragic and unpredictable opus

Infusing the classic songwriting of Dylan and Springsteen with Australian wit and dive bar narratives, Peter Bibby’s latest album constantly surprises

Tenacious D live in Manchester: The metal bring the fire

Jack Black’s rock-comedy project Tenacious D stopped off in Manchester on their ‘Spicy Meatball’ tour, performing to 20,000 fans at the AO Arena

Sour Grapes Records’ ‘Meltchester’: Mancunion music community at its finest

Manchester’s own Sour Grapes Records brings Meltchester to town again at Projekts Skatepark