anokhi-shah

Wahaca Manchester: where Mexican street food dreams are made

Located in the grade II historic corn exchange, Wahaca offers award winning Mexican street food and a chic cocktail bar stocked with exciting Mexican blends

Greeted with a bustling atmosphere on a Saturday evening, we were quickly seated in the courtyard area of the corn exchange. I highly recommend requesting to be seated inside the restaurant which has a more dinner friendly, charming atmosphere. Unfortunately outside had food court-esque vibes, however it was quickly relieved by a cocktail.

I opted for a passion fruit margarita from the range of Mexican concoctions on offer. It was the perfect balance of sweet and sour. If I wasn’t feeling so fragile, a couple more would definitely have been on the cards.

The extensive food menu left me wanting to delve into everything, the selection is a vast range of tacos, quesadillas, tostadas, taqitos and empanadas, all of which sounded like a Mexican dream. Wahaca suggest two or three street food plates per person. Here is a lowdown on their best street food dishes too avoid getting utterly bewildered by the menu and opting to try everything like we did:

1. Buttermilk chicken baja tacos — two soft mini tortillas topped with juicy buttermilk chicken, tangy salsa, a chilli mayo and coriander. This was by far my favourite ‘Mexican tapas’ plate, full of punchy zingy flavours that complimented the chicken beautifully

2. Sweet potato and Feta taquito — roast sweet potato, feta and caramelised onion wrapped in a crisp blue corn tortilla. My friend said this was a “taste sensation” and she wanted more…

3. Mexican style chorizo and potato quesadillas — two pieces of oozing sumptuous gooey quesadillas. Chorizo, cheese and potato…How can you go wrong?

Photo: Anokhi Shah

Wahaca Manchester have just launched a new lunchtime taco menu where you can get two plates of tacos and a side for just £8!

Additionally, Wahaca have introduced a new student offer. Students dining at Wahaca Manchester will be presented with a traditional Mexican Pirniola spinning top and invited to ‘spin and win’ to claim a free dish or a drink from tacos to margaritas. Each side of the Pirinola will feature a different prize including: Wahaca’s signature Pork Pilbil tacos, Legendary Churros y Chocolate or a classic Margarita or ice cold Mexican beer.

I totally suggest taking a trip to Wahaca to embrace some tongue tingling magic, an innovative combination of flavours that should be married and fabulous offers!

Live life to the Luxe!

Live life to the Luxe!

PizzaLuxe has teamed up with Double Dutch for a new summer drinks menu and a great dinner deal!
Hawkins comes to Deansgate – Stranger Things Bottomless Brunch at Rendition

Rendition introduced their ultimate themed bottomless brunch this weekend with a glimpse into the world of Hawkins.
A Blues Kitchen review that won’t give you the blues

Blues Kitchen impresses once again with their unique decor, delicious cocktails, and incredible tacos
Get a taste of la dolce vita this weekend at Festa Italiana

Check out Festa Italiana this bank holiday weekend with a host of different food and drink vendors, live music and masterclasses to transport you to the Italian peninsula