shannonwinterbone

Christmas stocking fillers

Shannon Winterbone talks us through Christmas stocking ideas for students on a budget

When we think of Christmas stockings we generally assume that we will be filling them with the usual suspects; do chocolate coins or perhaps a 2018/19 planner ring any bells? Instead of leaving the shopping until the last minute and ending up with these obvious gifts, why not treat your loved ones to some exciting accessories, which can all be found for under £15! Alternatively, you can always put these on your Christmas list if you don’t want to give them away…

1)    Tangle Teezer Glitter Gem Compact Styler, £11.50

This travel-friendly hairbrush is ideal for someone who is always on the move. This newest, glittery design features a protective cover to ensure that the teeth stay clean and continue to work perfectly.

2)    Topshop Exclusive Coconut Oil Pod Face Mask, £4.00

Topshop’s range of face masks are perfect for giving any complexion a fresh glow. The masks are available in coconut, orange juice, or avocado scents.

3)    Makeup Revolution Contouring Precision Oval Makeup Brush Set, £13.32 in Superdrug at the moment

While the oval brush trend may have been and gone, these brushes have stayed definite hit with numerous bloggers. If you fancy giving the gift of variety (away from the universally trusted beautyblender), you can now buy the Oval Contour Set for a bargain £13.32 in Superdrug.

4)    Colour Block Scarf, £10

We all need a cosy scarf to wrap up warm with in winter, and where is better to look than the pre-Christmas sales? Pick up a chunky scarf for half its normal price at £10 in River Island’s sale at the moment, so be sure to pick it up soon to get it into someone’s stocking this Christmas!

5)    Perfume Atomiser in Ice Pink by Travalo, £5.99

This reusable perfume atomiser is essential for any seasoned traveller. The lightweight bottle is easy to use, and the perfect way for a loved one to travel with his or her favourite perfumes in compact form.

Celebrity style guide #7: Lewis Hamilton

Not everyone would look to the Formula 1 paddock for style inspiration, but luckily our editors have some insight from Lewis Hamilton to help you elevate your wardrobe

3D nails: Achieving new heights in beauty

Does the rise of 3D nail art in the wake of the ‘clean girl’ beauty era signal the resurgence of maximalism? Where did the 3D nail trend begin and where can you get your own unique set?