yasmin-duggal

Preview: CORE Takeover, MCR

CORE Music takes over Manchester’s AATMA on the 26th of January
Preview: CORE Takeover, MCR
Photo: CORE Music

Get ready for a night of underground, electronic music, as CORE takes over AATMA in Manchester’s Northern Quarter. The event sees DJ’s Kalumbo, Kolk, Jack Speed, Williams, and Bostock take to the decks in Stevenson Square. Expect acid house, techno, disco, and funk as CORE Music revives the rhythm of the city boasting the late Hacienda and Sankeys, a bid to resurrect Manchester’s underground scene.

Kalumbo bring the funk. Photo: CORE Music
Photo: CORE Music

After the recent success of CORE Takeover, in Liverpool in December, the Manchester based music project is set to take the city by storm, and there’s no doubt other venues can expect a CORE takeover in future. The Liverpool event sold out and each set thrilled the crowd with the best techno and house beats, interspersed with forgotten disco gems. Kalumbo brought the old school funk, whilst Kolk and Jack Speed delighted fans with some ground-breaking tech.

Jack Speed spins the techno. Photo: CORE Music

The takeover in Manchester sees Williams and Bostock added to the line-up, and although only CORE Music’s second event, is set to sell out once again. Perfectly timed after many students’ exam period, what better than to let loose with some groovy beats after a dull January?

Founder, Ben Cooke, had this to say of the upcoming event: “We were chuffed with the last event and can’t wait to come to Manchester where we are expecting an even better turnout and even more underground, electronic music. Hope to see you all there.”

So head down to AATMA on the 26th of January and try out a new night before it inevitably becomes a popular recurrence in Manchester. If you’re into dancing, this one’s for you; what better for Manchester than authentic music pioneers rejuvenating a legendary underground scene?

Tickets for CORE Takeover, Manchester are available from Skiddle.

Live review: the Vamps bring a night of singalong hits to Manchester’s O2 Apollo

The British boyband return to Manchester as part of their tenth anniversary world tour
Tkay Maidza writes a love letter to New York in ‘Nights In December’ 

The Australian artist’s new Christmas single breaks away from overdone festive formulas
ABBA Voyage: As Good As New?

ABBA Voyage: As Good As New?

ABBA Voyage encapsulates the nostalgia of a band who have soundtracked many of our lives. But do holograms compare to the real thing?
Live review: Wet Leg at O2 Ritz, Manchester

Wet Leg return to Manchester on a victory lap in support of their Grammy-nominated debut