sam-cooper
22nd February 2018

Premier League to provide free kit and equipment to schools

The aim of the scheme is to get more 5-11 year-olds taking part in sport.
Photo: The Football Foundation

The Premier League Primary Stars Kit and Equipment Scheme aims to use the appeal of the Premier League and profession football clubs to inspire girls and boys aged 5-11 to take part. The Premier League Primary Stars programme is a national curries schemer that is designed to help children learn, engage and be active.

The Premier League Primary Stars Kit and Equipment scheme offers primary schools the opportunity to apply for free resources which can be used for active classroom sessions and PE lessons. In partnership with Nike and delivered by the Football Foundation, the scheme will provide equipment such as floor spots and giant dice to encourage active participation.

Nick Perchard, Head of Community at the Premier League, said “the Premier League Primary Stars kit and equipment scheme gives us the opportunity to provide free resources to primary schools taking part in the programme.  The kit and equipment includes footballs, floor spots and giant dice to help with active lessons. We are offering primary schools the opportunity to apply for free kit and equipment. We hope this year’s process will be as successful as last year and that it will encourage teachers who have not yet signed up to the programme to get involved with Premier League Primary Stars.”

Schools can apply from Monday the 19th of February to Friday the 6th of April and successful applicants will receive their kit and equipment from September 2018. Applications can be made via the Premier League ‘Primary Stars’ webpage.

Why European rugby must not forget Italy

Italy’s narrow loss to England in the Six Nations was a reminder that it has the potential to compete with the very best in rugby

F1 Academy partners with Charlotte Tilbury for 2024 season

A huge announcement for the world of motorsport as F1 Academy is partnering with none other than Charlotte Tilbury

Did the 2023 F1 season push drivers too far?

Drivers are used to pushing themselves physically and mentally as high-performing athletes in the world of motorsport, but the 2023 season sparked discussions about driver welfare following an intense calendar and extremely demanding race weekends

F1 vs feminism: The impact of Susie Wolff allegations against female involvement in the sport

The 2023 allegations and subsequent investigations against Susie Wolff could have an impact on the role of women in motorsports