• Sport
  • Premier League to provide free kit and equipment to schools

sam-cooper
22nd February 2018

Premier League to provide free kit and equipment to schools

The aim of the scheme is to get more 5-11 year-olds taking part in sport.
Photo: The Football Foundation

The Premier League Primary Stars Kit and Equipment Scheme aims to use the appeal of the Premier League and profession football clubs to inspire girls and boys aged 5-11 to take part. The Premier League Primary Stars programme is a national curries schemer that is designed to help children learn, engage and be active.

The Premier League Primary Stars Kit and Equipment scheme offers primary schools the opportunity to apply for free resources which can be used for active classroom sessions and PE lessons. In partnership with Nike and delivered by the Football Foundation, the scheme will provide equipment such as floor spots and giant dice to encourage active participation.

Nick Perchard, Head of Community at the Premier League, said “the Premier League Primary Stars kit and equipment scheme gives us the opportunity to provide free resources to primary schools taking part in the programme.  The kit and equipment includes footballs, floor spots and giant dice to help with active lessons. We are offering primary schools the opportunity to apply for free kit and equipment. We hope this year’s process will be as successful as last year and that it will encourage teachers who have not yet signed up to the programme to get involved with Premier League Primary Stars.”

Schools can apply from Monday the 19th of February to Friday the 6th of April and successful applicants will receive their kit and equipment from September 2018. Applications can be made via the Premier League ‘Primary Stars’ webpage.

A game away: Spectating South Korea’s football culture

I attended the Yonsei v KU derby in Seoul, along with 50,000 other fans. It couldn’t have been more different from BUCS.

“You might have heard there’s a football match on” – The build-up to the 2022 World Cup’s biggest showdown yet

Southgate’s England take on reigning champions France this Saturday in a once-in-a-lifetime World Cup clash

The controversy continues: The OneLove armband U-turn

A look into the debate surrounding the Onelove armband controversy, highlighting the issues surrounding Qatar and its approach to LGBTQ+ rights.

No more heading the ball: The health hazards of the beautiful game

Scotland is leading the way in responding to football related head injuries