hannah-brierley

Review: Horse Meat Disco’s Spring Fling!

HMD comes around once s month, and it’s back once again for your monthly fix.
Photo: Horse Meat Disco – Logo

Horse Meat Disco – 27th April 2018 @ Gorilla.

Horse Meat Disco (originally named from a newspaper headline “Horse Meat Discovery in Salami”) came back to Manchester once again to fix every disco, funk, and house music need. As always, the night was brimming as the crowds began to pour into the venue, and out of the pouring rain.

The queue was slightly too long, but it didn’t make a huge difference as the piles of waiting attendees were eagerly and excitingly waiting to get into the vibrant event.

The Spring Fling event, which originated in London, is making its way into its 16th year, just going to show that Horse Meat Disco has managed to perfect an amazing event that is practically timeless.

Not only has Horse Meat Disco successfully conquered London and Manchester, it is set to go on and have a very busy festival season in the upcoming months too.

Inner City Electronic (2nd June) – UK

Glitterbox (8th June/6th July) – Ibiza

Love International (27th June) – Croatia

Soundwave Festival (26th July) – Croatia

Houghton Festival (9th August) – UK

Lost Village (23rd August) – UK

Horse Meat Disco is gloriously branded as the queer festival for all, often filled with glitter, colours and celebrates all things fabulous, which is why it is so perfectly matched with a US mini stop tour in the US, in New York, Chicago and San Fran! The touring show is no doubt going to create such a euphoric atmosphere at the festivals they’re attending you’d be a fool to miss out!

But if these are just a little too far from home, Horse Meat Disco is holding a “Start Of Summer” event in Gorilla on the 8th June, and tickets are available now! But be quick before they sell out!

Tickets are available here.

Want to try before you buy? Listen to their Sound Cloud here:

Fat White Family’s Lias Saoudi is circling around the Post-Punk cul-de-sac

Now that Fat White family have returned with ‘Forgiveness Is Yours’, lead-singer Lias Saoudi has a lot more to say about post-punk, lyricism, and being a Londoner

Peter Bibby – Drama King: A tragic and unpredictable opus

Infusing the classic songwriting of Dylan and Springsteen with Australian wit and dive bar narratives, Peter Bibby’s latest album constantly surprises

Tenacious D live in Manchester: The metal bring the fire

Jack Black’s rock-comedy project Tenacious D stopped off in Manchester on their ‘Spicy Meatball’ tour, performing to 20,000 fans at the AO Arena

Sour Grapes Records’ ‘Meltchester’: Mancunion music community at its finest

Manchester’s own Sour Grapes Records brings Meltchester to town again at Projekts Skatepark