yasmin-duggal

Craig Charles leaked as one of Pangaea 2018’s artists

The DJ will perform at the ‘Made in Manchester’ themed festival in June
Photo: University of Manchester Students’ Union

Craig Charles has been revealed as one of the artists performing at this year’s Pangaea festival on 7th June at Manchester Academy.

His contract was leaked to The Mancunion  on Monday 14th May.

The festival will this summer be themed around ‘Made in Manchester’, with Dele Sosimi, Afrobeat Orchestra and LEVELZ already featuring on the line-up.

The 53-year-old DJ has hosted The Craig Charles Funk and Soul Show on BBC Radio 6 since 2002, and regularly performs around the country. He has been involved in the music industry throughout much of his career, part of bands such as Watt 4, Craig Charles and the Beat Burglars, The Sons of Gordon Gekko and The Eye. Charles plays guitar and piano, also writing lyrics for some of the bands. In 1993, Charles was signed to the Acid Jazz record label.

Charles is currently on tour around the UK, coming to Manchester’s Band On The Wall on both 26th May and 30th June.

Tickets for Pangaea are available to buy here.

The Last Dinner Party – Prelude to Ecstasy: A stellar debut from the UK’s most exciting new act

The Last Dinner Party cement their place as one of the most innovative up and coming bands in the UK, showcasing their operatic vocals and evocative lyrics

Frank Carter and The Rattlesnakes live in Manchester: An ecstatic night of rock with the ‘Man of The Hour’

Frank Carter and The Rattlesnakes return to Manchester Academy after two years, bringing a night of moshpits and mayhem

Laufey live in Manchester: A Valentine’s night ‘bewitched’ by musical charm

Following her recent Grammy victory, Laufey takes the stage for a very special sold-out Valentine’s Day show at Manchester’s Albert Hall

The Last Dinner Party live: Spreading their ‘Ecstasy’ across the UK

Samuel Chamberlain of The Mancunion observes Britain’s hottest indie prospect in action as they spread their ‘ecstasy’ at their most recent Manchester show