yasmin-duggal

Craig Charles leaked as one of Pangaea 2018’s artists

The DJ will perform at the ‘Made in Manchester’ themed festival in June
Photo: University of Manchester Students’ Union

Craig Charles has been revealed as one of the artists performing at this year’s Pangaea festival on 7th June at Manchester Academy.

His contract was leaked to The Mancunion  on Monday 14th May.

The festival will this summer be themed around ‘Made in Manchester’, with Dele Sosimi, Afrobeat Orchestra and LEVELZ already featuring on the line-up.

The 53-year-old DJ has hosted The Craig Charles Funk and Soul Show on BBC Radio 6 since 2002, and regularly performs around the country. He has been involved in the music industry throughout much of his career, part of bands such as Watt 4, Craig Charles and the Beat Burglars, The Sons of Gordon Gekko and The Eye. Charles plays guitar and piano, also writing lyrics for some of the bands. In 1993, Charles was signed to the Acid Jazz record label.

Charles is currently on tour around the UK, coming to Manchester’s Band On The Wall on both 26th May and 30th June.

Tickets for Pangaea are available to buy here.

Party Like Gatsby will see the O2 Ritz turned into a 1920s speakeasy

Party Like Gatsby returns to O2 Ritz after three long years with Soirée Royale – its biggest party yet!

Album review: Maja Lena pushes her musical boundaries on PLUTO

Maja Lena’s winning combination of folk drawing on electronic elements transports us to an imagined planet

Mogwai: “I feel our music, to the music world, is like a Louis Theroux documentary”

The Mancunion talk to Mogwai’s Barry Burns about the band’s 25 year career, spanning powerful live shows and soaring film scores

Pop for a Dying Planet: CMAT shares new single Mayday

A deep dive into the latest track, ‘Mayday’, from Irish singer-songwriter and rising star CMAT