• Antwerp Mansion to launch its own brand of beer

ronamccann

Antwerp Mansion to launch its own brand of beer

The student favourite is expanding beyond just clubnights with the surprise launch of Mansion Brew
Photo: Antwerp Mansion

Popular nightclub Antwerp Mansion has announced this week that it will launch its own beer. The pilsner, named Mansion Brew, will be sold at the venue’s upcoming events – available whilst stocks last.

1500 of the beers have been brewed by Manchester’s ShinDigger Brewing Co and will be packaged in red cans which feature an illustration of the iconic Victorian Antwerp Mansion building.  Posting on its Facebook page, the nightclub expressed the belief that this first batch of Mansion Brew would be sold out by the end of Freshers Week, at events including Triple Cooked, Better in the 90s and Motherfunkers.

One Facebook user commented that the venue missed a trick by not calling the new beer ‘Cantwerp’, and was met with a reply from Antwerp Mansion hinting at even more own-brand beverages in the future. The reply included a promise to “definitely steal (his) idea next time around” and to “watch this space because Cantwerp will become a reality.”

This news comes after Antwerp Mansion’s infamous closure and later reopening earlier this year. March 2018 saw the supposed closure of the club after over six years of events, following a lengthy string of licensing disputes between the venue and Manchester City Council. Freshers Week marks the beginning of Antwerp Mansion’s relaunch, that has been agreed on the condition that a new, earlier closing time of 11pm is met.

“Appetite” for escalation, says UoM Rent Strike

The University of Manchester Rent Strike claims to have withheld half a million pounds in rent, and have threatened to escalate the strike further