• Sport
  • Ronnie O’Sullivan makes 15th 147 break at “hellhole venue”

james-gill

Ronnie O’Sullivan makes 15th 147 break at “hellhole venue”

“I didn’t even fancy potting that black to be honest with you, I was feeling it”

Ronnie O’Sullivan achieved his 15th maximum break in the second round of the English Open against Allan Taylor in a comfortable 4-0 win.

Talking to Eurosport O’Sullivan said: “I felt sorry for Allan out there because you could see he was struggling, he’s a lot better player than that, I think the conditions and just being on the TV table got to him a bit. I got a bit fortunate earlier on, I missed quite a few balls. We both did and my bad was a bit better than his bad.”

“From about 40-odd I was in bits, I was twitching all over the gaff. My back arm was like a bit of fish, flapping all over the gaff and then they’ve all gone quiet to watch the max, and I thought that’s the worst thing you can do, just carry on playing, make some noise, do something.”

“When it went too quiet you felt the pressure is on you even more. I didn’t even fancy potting that black to be honest with you, I was feeling it.”

The Open took place at the K2 Leisure Centre in Crawley, a venue he described a few days prior as a “hellhole” that “smelt of urine.” “What they should do is hire the whole back of the venue rather than have the snooker part and then you have to walk through the bowling green to the press conference.”

“When I was walking through there yesterday Peter Ebdon was walking through and one old boy shouted, ‘Can you stop walking while I’m trying to play bowls.’ Peter looked around because he thought he was joking but he was really serious and he went ‘I’m going to start walking through when you are playing snooker.’”

“I just thought a top player should not be subjected to one old guy who’s really, really angry.”

5”1 in a giants world: In conversation with Amrisha Kudhail

An interview with Amrisha Kudhail, discussing the excitement building around basketball, her transition from a dance background and advice for those wanting to become involved within the sports industry
Season review for local clubs

Season review for local clubs

A review of the 2021/22 campaign for clubs based in Greater Manchester
One Week Wonders: The Worst Tennis World No. 1s

Inspired by Medvedev’s limited tenure at the number one spot – who else has hold the position for a few short weeks?
Billionaire business owners: What are they doing to football?

How has a working class sport become plagued by greed?