the-mancunion-team
17th June 2019

Grads have a ball in Whitworth Hall

Grads had fun in a special venue
Grads have a ball in Whitworth Hall
Photo: Matt Eachus

With exams over and graduation looming, the Students’ Union (SU) would like to send their congratulations to all students graduating this year, and also deliver a special ‘thank you’ to all those who attended The University of Manchester Students’ Union Official Graduation Ball.

The official Grad Ball only takes place once a year, and always promises to be a unique way to celebrate graduating with friends from any course in a beautiful venue.

Photo: Matt Eachus
AdLib string quartet played a live concert whilst a three course meal was served. Photo: Matt Eachus

Last week, the Graduation Ball took place at the Whitworth Hall and provided a meaningful way to wind down after students’ hard work over the last few years.

Students told The Mancunion that they believed “the venue was beautiful, the band was amazing and I think for the food and free drinks you got it was decent value for money”. Another added that it was “mesmerising to hold it in the Whitworth Hall”.

Photo: Matt Eachus
Students dress to impress for the Grad Ball. Photo: Matt Eachus

Lizzy Haughton, SU Activities Officer, said: “Congratulations to all students coming to the end of their courses and for finishing the gruelling exam period. It’s so exciting to celebrate the end of such a monumental achievement in students’ lives.

“The SU is so happy to provide students with the event they deserve at this time of year!”

This is advertorial for the University of Manchester Students’ Union.

A ‘quarter-life crisis’?: Finding your feet after a break-up

Do you feel like you are experiencing a ‘quarter-life crisis’ in your final year? Have you experienced a break-up? Read on to find out how you can find your feet in these (perhaps not so) difficult times

Little luxuries that make uni life more bearable

Treat yourself! Life as a university student isn’t always easy, but some things can make it that little bit more enjoyable

How to live a European lifestyle in Manchester

Life in Manchester may feel very different to continental Europe, but with our compilation of advice, you won’t feel so far from other European cultures as a student in the city

Why you don’t need New Year’s resolutions in 2024

With every New Year comes the same pressure to set resolutions and make personal changes, but this needless pressure won’t provide the route to fulfilment