the-mancunion-team
17th June 2019

Grads have a ball in Whitworth Hall

Grads had fun in a special venue
Grads have a ball in Whitworth Hall
Photo: Matt Eachus

With exams over and graduation looming, the Students’ Union (SU) would like to send their congratulations to all students graduating this year, and also deliver a special ‘thank you’ to all those who attended The University of Manchester Students’ Union Official Graduation Ball.

The official Grad Ball only takes place once a year, and always promises to be a unique way to celebrate graduating with friends from any course in a beautiful venue.

Photo: Matt Eachus
AdLib string quartet played a live concert whilst a three course meal was served. Photo: Matt Eachus

Last week, the Graduation Ball took place at the Whitworth Hall and provided a meaningful way to wind down after students’ hard work over the last few years.

Students told The Mancunion that they believed “the venue was beautiful, the band was amazing and I think for the food and free drinks you got it was decent value for money”. Another added that it was “mesmerising to hold it in the Whitworth Hall”.

Photo: Matt Eachus
Students dress to impress for the Grad Ball. Photo: Matt Eachus

Lizzy Haughton, SU Activities Officer, said: “Congratulations to all students coming to the end of their courses and for finishing the gruelling exam period. It’s so exciting to celebrate the end of such a monumental achievement in students’ lives.

“The SU is so happy to provide students with the event they deserve at this time of year!”

This is advertorial for the University of Manchester Students’ Union.

Cleaning is Cool

Cleaning is Cool

From Loyle Carner, to Vogue, to Marie Kondo: cleaning is being re-branded for a new generation. Cleaning is officially cool, and here’s why.
Agony Aunt Angela: Pick a side

Agony Aunt Angela: Pick a side

When a new partner asks you to sacrifice your friendships for them, is that just another her red flag to ignore or a sign to get out asap?
Agony Aunt Angela: Politics and silence

Agony Aunt Angela: Politics and silence

Is gender just about women, or do men have a voice too? Conflicted, this politics student doesn’t know where he stands.
Agony Aunt Angela: Friday and I’m in love

Catching feelings is never easy, especially when they live hundreds of miles away. How do you get over it and find love closer to home?