meganoyinka

Big White Wall comes to UoM

The Big White Wall came to The University of Manchester to promote their mental health and wellbeing resources available to students
Big White Wall comes to UoM
The Big WHite Wall at UoM Photo: Megan Oyinka @ The Mancunion

The University of Manchester recently hosted The Big White Wall project. The wall was put up on the 29th of October and gave students and staff the chance to write words of support and encouragement for others to see.

The project promotes Big White Wall, an anonymous and confidential online mental health and wellbeing resource. The free platform, which is monitored by clinical professionals, allows users to advise and support each other on a range of issues and is available to all of the students at The University of Manchester.

It was taken down about a week after it was put up so, if you missed it, here are some of the most inspiring and uplifting comments written on the wall.

The Big White Wall
Photo: Megan Oyinka@ Tghe Mancunion
The Big White Wall
Megan Oyinka@ The Mancunion
Big White Wall entry
Photo: Megan Oyinka @The Mancunion
Big White Wall
Photo: Megan Oyinka @ The Mancunion

MPs launch investigation into university reliance on international student fees

As the government pushes to cut down migration numbers, the education select committee begins an investigation into the reliance of universities on international student fees

Senate elections and explainer: what is it and who is on it?

It has been a busy time for university elections in the last month. As well as SU executive elections, the Senate has elected new members to the board. Read on to understand what the Senate’s role is and who makes up the membership