alicehenderson1
3rd May 2022

Societies X RAG Charity Fashion Show round up

Our roundup and favourite looks from the Student Union fashion show
Photo: Thrift Soc @ University of Manchester

The Student Union fashion show went ahead earlier this week, showcasing work from a number of students. Thrift Soc and Fashion Soc worked in collaboration with SU staff and charity Raise and Give to hold the event.

Student models were cast by Fashion Soc and a swap shop was organised by Thrift Soc to collect clothes for each of the looks shown. Both menswear and womenswear looks took to the runway with a mixture of outfits ranging from streetwear fits to classic looks.

Amongst our favourites was an all black outfit that worked with textures and layering to add interest. A sheer shirt was worn over a black bra, paired with straight leg suit trousers and heels for a strong look.

Model dressed in sheer black shirt and long trousers

A red bodycon corseted dress in a playful look. This time with heeled ankle boots.

Model dressed in red dress

One of our personal favourite menswear looks: baggy jeans and an oversized sweater. Comfort-oreinted, this look reminds us most of student style.

Model dressed in baggy jeans and tank

Similar to the last, this outfit uses oversized pieces, showcasing a flowing black maxi coat as a statement piece.

Model dressed in leather coat and boots

Lastly, one of our most interesting picks from the show. A metallic wasit coat worn on its own, paired with simple bottoms and lighter coloured boots.

Model in gold waistcoat

The range of outfits put together truly reflects the diversity of student style at the University of Manchester and made for an outstanding show. Congratulations to everyone that took part!

Featuring the cast and models

The most iconic closets from TV and Film

Closets that never end, closets that pick your outfit for you, and closets controlled with a remote… ah the life of a fictional girlboss

Summer’s best defence: The top five sunscreen picks for your skincare

Shield your skin from harmful UV rays with our top five sunscreen picks; from lightweight formulas to advanced skincare benefits, these sunscreens offer protection and nourishment for summer-ready skin

The Fashion x LQBTQ+ Society’s Charity Fashion Show is back!

The Fashion Society and LGBTQ+ Society have teamed up again for a fabulous charity fashion show in aid of Trans Mutual Aid Manchester

Student Style Diaries #2: ‘Doing my best’

The Mancunion’s Music Editor Alex Cooper takes us through his style, from reference points to recent revelations