archieearle

Photo: University of Manchester Staff Net

UoM has unveiled a provisional plan for the future of its flexible learning programme, giving students greater choice over whether to study remotely or in-person.

The plans, which will go to the University’s senate in October 2022, also include greater choice for part-time study, open access course and stackable degrees. The move comes in an effort to make higher education more accessible.

Plans for lifelong learning have been included as well as an increased transnational and interdisciplinary offer.

Whilst the plan outlines its key commitments, it is stated that the strategy is not yet complete and is still developing.

The report was informed by 30 workshops involving both students and staff as well as local meetings and an online open feedback form with more than 4000 comments were collected in the process.

The plan also includes an outline of commitments to enhancing its use of technology by working the Digital Learning Service, aiding in learning digital skills and ensuring students have access to software and hardware needed for degrees.

The report is available in full online here.

A rundown of LeadMCR election results night

The eight new SU Exec Officers were revealed on March 7 after two weeks of campaigning, as well as the seven NUS Representatives and the winners of the Union’s LeadMCR Alternative Awards

College Roundup: US edition

Enjoying this year’s University Round-ups? Here you can have a look across the pond at some of the drama from American Colleges

Manchester researchers find majority of women experience abuse while running

Over two-thirds of women in the study had been abused while running, with 58% reporting verbal abuse

Your new Exec team: LeadMCR 2024 results

Eight Exec Officers and seven NUS reps have been elected for LeadMCR 2024/25