maisiebanatvala

LeadMCR voting has opened

Lead MCR voting has opened for next years’ Exec Officer team – Find out everything you need to know below:
LeadMCR voting has opened
Photo: Students’ Union

Voting opened on March 6 for LeadMCR, the annual event where students elect their next Students’ Union Executive Officers. Eight Officers will be elected out of total 70 students running for the different roles.

Voting closes March 9. You can vote here. Voting enters you into a prize draw for iPads, Eurostar tickets, and more.

The roles are: Union Affairs Officer; Activities and Culture Officer; Research; Wellbeing and Liberation Officer; City and Community Officer; Humanities Officer; Biology, Medicine, and Health Officer; and Science and Engineering Officer.

An Executive Officer is a full-time, paid position. Responsibilities include meeting with leaders of the University, the Mayor and the government to express student concerns.

They work closely with students in Manchester to campaign for most pressing issues affecting students, as well as working on a national level, liaising with other Students’ Unions across the country to improve student experiences.

Members of the Executive Team also appear on TV and radio, as representatives of the student body, and organise events and campaigns such as Reclaim the Night and Cost of Living.

Results will be released on results night, Thursday March 9, a few hours after the voting closes.

Record 159 students apply to LeadMCR

159 students have applied, breaking the record set in 2016

John Rylands Library to undergo major £7.6m transformation

The John Rylands will undergo a £7.6m revision, allowing the building to meet mid-21st century needs

University round-up: new 24/7 helpline, (nearly) oldest-ever graduate, and a rise in burglaries

Read the latest news from UK universities, featuring a new 95-year-old graduate and the rollout of a new 24/7 helpline service

Students’ Union release statement in response to “Pro-Life Society” petition

The Students’ Union Exec team has released a statement outlining their legal position in regards to the creation of and affiliation with new societies