alexcooper

The BBC Radio 6 Music Festival returns to Manchester in March 2024

Now stationed permanently in Greater Manchester, The BBC Radio 6 Music Festival returns in March 2024
Credit: BBC Pictures / Press

The BBC Radio 6 Music Festival will return to Greater Manchester between Thursday 7th March – Sunday 10th March.

The festival, which has been running since 2014 and now permanently stationed in Greater Manchester, will feature exclusive artist performances, alongside DJ sets. Last year’s lineup included the world debut of Christine and the Queens’ new tour show, as well as Arlo ParksLoyle CarnerLava La Rue and The Big Moon.

Samantha Moy, Head of BBC Radio 6 Music says on the festival: “Last year’s festival was a triumph – amazing artists, distinctive and world-exclusive performances and a true celebration of Greater Manchester’s ever-flourishing music scene. This year we’re back to the Festival’s home to bring you your favourite bands and artists with a 6 Music Festival twist. See you in March!”

The lineup for the BBC Radio 6 Music Festival will be announced in the new year, as well as the venues. Stay tuned to find out more as it comes out!

Alex Cooper

Alex Cooper

Head Music Editor and Writer for the Mancunion. Once walked past Nick Cave in Zagreb. Enquiries: [email protected]

Zara Larsson live in Manchester: Bringing ‘VENUS’ to Manchester’s Academy

Swedish pop sensation Zara Larsson returns to Manchester to headline the Academy after the release of her newest LP, ‘Venus’

The Last Dinner Party – Prelude to Ecstasy: A stellar debut from the UK’s most exciting new act

The Last Dinner Party cement their place as one of the most innovative up-and-coming bands in the UK, showcasing operatic vocals and evocative lyrics on their debut LP

Frank Carter and The Rattlesnakes live in Manchester: An ecstatic night of rock with the ‘Man of The Hour’

Frank Carter and The Rattlesnakes return to Manchester Academy after two years, bringing a night of moshpits and mayhem

Laufey live in Manchester: A Valentine’s night ‘bewitched’ by musical charm

Following her recent Grammy victory, Laufey takes the stage for a very special sold-out Valentine’s Day show at Manchester’s Albert Hall