simone-wilkes

Body Positive art show: Vegans go native

Body Positive art show challenges the misrepresentation of body image in today’s society, urging participants to ‘kick crash diets’ where it hurts

The people behind nakedvegancooking.com (remember them food-lovers?) organised a two-part event to challenge the unrealistic images of beauty endorsed by the media at every juncture. Art and food mix once more, this time in the name of social change. The group wanted to reinforce that individuals need to be proud of and embrace their body the

A celebration of Jewish art in Manchester: Introducing Synagogue Scratch

This month, Synagogue Scratch is returning to Manchester Jewish Museum. The series represents a unique opportunity to enjoy new, groundbreaking performances by Jewish artists, in the museum’s beautifully preserved 1874 Synagogue.

Making Manchester #3: Eleanor Haigh

Performing across the UK from Edinburgh Fringe to London, Eleanor Haigh embraces the spotlight with a multitude of talent. She breaks down what draws her to the arts and the biggest challenges facing artists today.

Horoscopes: Art meets star signs

This week we’re helping you align your planets with paintings. Check out the artist whose style suits your star sign.

Making Manchester #2: Laurent Swyngedauw

Continuing our Mancunian series, Laurent Swyngedauw tells us the best spots for capturing great shots in Manchester, and how make a photograph your own