simone-wilkes

Body Positive art show: Vegans go native

Body Positive art show challenges the misrepresentation of body image in today’s society, urging participants to ‘kick crash diets’ where it hurts

The people behind nakedvegancooking.com (remember them food-lovers?) organised a two-part event to challenge the unrealistic images of beauty endorsed by the media at every juncture. Art and food mix once more, this time in the name of social change. The group wanted to reinforce that individuals need to be proud of and embrace their body the

University launch British Pop Archive with unseen items from Joy Division’s Ian Curtis

Announcing the British Pop Archive at the university’s very own John Rylands Library. Including artefacts from Joy Division’s Ian Curtis, New Order, the Sex Pistols, and Granada Television.
Derek Jarman: PROTEST! Art and Activism collide at Manchester Art Gallery

Sarah Taylor reviews Manchester Art Gallery’s retrospective exhibition on the life and works of prolific filmmaker, artist, and activist Derek Jarman.
Michelangelo in Manchester: Sistine Chapel comes to Trafford Palazzo

Theatre Editor Jay Darcy attends a press viewing of the Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel exhibit at Trafford Palazzo
MACFEST, Muslim Arts and Culture Festival, comes back to Manchester this February

Launching on the 5th of February, MACFEST 2022 offers over 75 events that showcase the Muslim culture, from debates to workshops and art exhibitions