ceri-wills

Manchester’s “Gorgeous” flash mob tops 7,000 views in 3 days

Written by Tithi SinghAn inspiring flash mob collaboration between Manchester Entrepreneurs and Pieboy clothing

By Tithi Singh

PieBoy Clothing along with Manchester Entrepreneurs have collaborated to create one of the most viral and “gorgeous” videos to hit the University of Manchester campus in recent years.

While looking for more creative ways to promote the Manchester beanie, PieBoy Clothing founder Andrew Jervis got friend and professional busker, Danny Harrison involved in a project to promote the brand. “We wanted to create a viral that would promote the brand yet still put a smile on peoples faces”

With in a few days of starting to film for the project Manchester Entrepreneurs President Stan Reinholds and Vice President Andrew decided that the project would be a perfect showcase of the fantastic work that Manchester Entrepreneurs does in promoting student enterprise on campus. With the assistance of Manchester Metropolitans MAD Foundry (Marketing Society), the Hip Hop society and IceBox designs a team of crackpot entrepreneurs, marketer’s, video producers, break dancers and digital experts came together to create the movie and push it out.

With over 7000 unique views in the first 3 days on Youtube the viral flash mob has been a resounding success. Andrew commented “Its been a really exciting journey. To think how far we’ve come and with so many talented people is amazing. We didn’t expect anything this big to happen when we dreamt up the concept over a pint several weeks ago but it just goes to show if you put your mind to it, you can achieve so much!

If you haven’t sent Manchester’s Gorgeous Girl yet you can catch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6mUou_Zu4w

Ceri Wills

Ceri Wills

Former Societies editor (2011-2012).

In conversation with the Feminist Collective: “It’s about making sure that no one’s voice goes unheard”

The Mancunion sat down with the University of Manchester’s Feminist Collective to talk about their society values, their plans for the year ahead, and intersectional feminism

Review: Tiramisu (UMDS)

Tiramisu, which was performed at the University of Manchester SU, is an excellently existential adaptation of Annie Baker’s The Antipodes

Review: Skies in the Cloud (UMDS)

Skies in the Cloud exhibits intimate and ethereal themes, showcasing the talent of UMDS students

Review: Stump (UMDS)

The Mancunion reviews Stum, performed by the University of Manchester Drama Society at The Brewers in Gay Village